aberdeen-music

New improved inported bottled beer range

Flash@TMB

We have updated our range of genuine imported bottled beers. Alan, one of the partners in the bar is currently located in Canada where there exists a bar that stocks several hundred imported bottled beers. After several months of careful research, sampling all the beers, in the interests of science, business, and customer satisfaction, Alan drew up a list of beers for us to source. It took a while to find a supplier but we've suceeded and the brews are now available for your enjoyment.

We've decided to restrict our range to genuine imported beers that are brewed and bottled in their country of origin. There is still some old brewed under license stock to shift, and we shall retain American Budweiser as our only brewed under license product in the long term.

We also decided to focus mainly on the smaller breweries, although a couple of the larger ones are included for reasons that I'll reveal under the influence of alcohol.

We also intend to rotate some of these around as we gauge popularity.

The new line up is:

Giraf Gold (Denmark)

Real Rock (Jamaica) - it had to be done

Dos Equis XX (Mexico)

Delerium Tremens (France) - this stuff is 9% abv but tastes great. It comes in a stone bottle with a pink elephant on the label.

Tiger Beer (Singapore) - the genuine imported version

Stella Artois (Belguim) - the geninue imported Belgian original, taste the difference.

Anchor Steam (USA) - from San Francisco, again it had to be done.

Moosehead (Canada)

Brooklyn Lager (USA) - from New York

Dixie Beer (USA) - from New Orleans, pronounced noo orlans

Coopers Sparkling Ale (Australia) - this has some sediment, that's normal

We will still continue to stock Kreikbier and Frambozen... obviously. And AB in bottles also. Becks will also stick around since it has always been brewed and bottled in Bremen Germany. I visited the brewery in 1985. Fuckin hell that's 20 years ago!!!

Still to come:

Boags (Australia)

Baltica (Russia)

Samichlaus (Austria) - the worlds strongest beer, brewed up to 14%, but only available in limited batches so we must wait a while to get hold of some.

Prices vary depending on the day and time, but full price is 2.60 for everything apart from Coopers 2.80, Delerium 3.10, and Samichlaus... fuck knows but it will be VERY expensive! Prices vary down the way during off peak times and Wednesday specials

Flash

Originally posted by Turnham Green:

What with all this renovations, new equipment, guitar's etc etc... You must be in some heap of debt!?

There is no debt and the building is owned outright. It would be fair to class us all totally skint by this stage though... We have another source of income from our day jobs, but we've been blowing all that on the bar. IMHO it would be extremely difficult to operate under any other circumstances.

If all this sounds like I'm a lucky bastard then take into account that I've been working a minimum of 10-12 hours a day 6-7 days every week, including countless 24 hour plus shifts since 1995. During that time I've only had 5 days vacation (in Feb '96). I'm actually due 7 years off in lieu LOL. So not only skint but knackered. Is it worth it... hmmm almost! But to anyone that intends owning a bar, this is one way of achieving that goal. Of course it's necessary to save every single penny you earn, and invest it all carefully until the right bar comes along, never touching it. Not easy. Hence we drive a 12 & 13 year old cars.

The good news is that the business is stable and the bar will be around for a long time. Me... I'll probably die young ;(

Guest Satyam Shivam Sundaram
Originally posted by Flash@TMB:

There is no debt and the building is owned outright. It would be fair to class us all totally skint by this stage though... We have another source of income from our day jobs, but we've been blowing all that on the bar. IMHO it would be extremely difficult to operate under any other circumstances.

If all this sounds like I'm a lucky bastard then take into account that I've been working a minimum of 10-12 hours a day 6-7 days every week, including countless 24 hour plus shifts since 1995. During that time I've only had 5 days vacation (in Feb '96). I'm actually due 7 years off in lieu LOL. So not only skint but knackered. Is it worth it... hmmm almost! But to anyone that intends owning a bar, this is one way of achieving that goal. Of course it's necessary to save every single penny you earn, and invest it all carefully until the right bar comes along, never touching it. Not easy. Hence we drive a 12 & 13 year old cars.

The good news is that the business is stable and the bar will be around for a long time. Me... I'll probably die young ;(

I admire your determination.

Originally posted by psydoll:

Mmmmmm Real Rock and Tiger - glorious! :cheers:

Have you tried any of the oriental beers in Chi Bar?

I almost never leave the Moorings, mainly due to the above. Once I went to Drummonds when I was managing Toxik. I also visited HJBs twice while we were shut, but I was too tired to go out so I spent the spare time in my bed, although I was still attending my day job.

Are they any good?

Originally posted by Tav:

You have Stella <phew> though I have never tasted the imported version.

Tav - there is a whole world of amazing drinks out there. In fact so varied is this world that there is absolutely no need to try any other form of intoxication.

Luckily, you have come to the right place to experience this. Look me up some Friday night in the bar and I'll be your guide, just like in Carlos Castinada but with booze.

If it costs you more than 10 to get wasted, or you ever feel sick/hungover/depressed then you are drinking the wrong stuff.

Flash

Originally posted by Flash@TMB:

Tav - there is a whole world of amazing drinks out there. In fact so varied is this world that there is absolutely no need to try any other form of intoxication.

Luckily, you have come to the right place to experience this. Look me up some Friday night in the bar and I'll be your guide, just like in Carlos Castinada but with booze.

If it costs you more than 10 to get wasted, or you ever feel sick/hungover/depressed then you are drinking the wrong stuff.

Flash

Well when I do venture in I am will be sure to get some pointers on what to drink as I haven't sampled that many different kinds of booze nor any really good good quality drink...I have no idea who Carlos Castinada is but the name amuses me so that must be a good sign.

We have also added...

We have also expanded the range slightly with the addition of Baltika, from Russia, and Boags from Australia.

A word of warning all these beers have been selling much faster than anticipated so there may be a temp shortage over the course of the next week.

• 2 weeks later...