aberdeen-music

Biffy Clyro in forres - getting there?

KarmaTsunami

those of you who are making the brave trek northwards....how are you getting there? i have an exam until two but want to leave like...straight after hopefully to be at the doors for 4, maybe 4.45pm at the LATEST. i need other obsessives who are going that early, or at least times of a train/bus i can get.

thank you for help.

bus number 320 you say?

yes i'm always at the front, i'm tiny and like my nose being in the centre of my face and also like being able to breathe. i love the biffy and besides festivals there's not a gig where i haven't been front row. it's just so i can see 'em and sing without suffocation.

All the number 10 buses from Aberdeen to Inverness stop in Forres and if you ask the bus driver nicely he'll drop you off at the end of the road which leads the the East Grange Loft. The loft regularly puts on mini-buses to take punters from Forres to the Loft and back for gigs as the venue is out on the sticks. If you are arriving early, I would suggest that you go into Forres itself and see about getting on to the mini bus. If you want to do this, you'll have to phone Grigor at the Loft to book a place on the bus (assuming he is organising one). The Loft's number is on the ticketmaster website I think.

You should all come through early and spend the day in Forres. If the weather is nice, its great. Excellent pubs!

Originally posted by KevinTGF:

Ah but it's not in the loft anymore - it's in the cow shed!

So let me get this right, its still at the East Grange Loft just upgraded!!! to the cow shed round the side? ?(

If so sounds cool, its actually a great place to see gigs at least the the loft section is :)

Originally posted by Mordred:

So let me get this right, its still at the East Grange Loft just upgraded!!! to the cow shed round the side? ?(

If so sounds cool, its actually a great place to see gigs at least the the loft section is :)

Correct - it's been put into Grigor's cow shed outside instead of the loft, same farm just a different shed. Hope he cleans it up before the gig though.. and it doesn't stink of cows and stuff... everyone has to go just so they can say in years to come "yeah i saw Biffy Clyro in a cow shed in a small town..."

Originally posted by RossW:

Student return from Aberdeen to Forres is 7.35 (roughly). A single is a fiver. Its very cheap, my saving grace when The Gloria Flaw were based in Forres.

No it ain't, it was like 11.50 student return and 7.50 single when i used to catch the bus home....

ahc whitever, as long as i can get there and back. what time is last bus back to aberdeen? probably well before the biffy gig will end since it's doors ar 9 and three acts. can't see this finishing before midnight. bollocks.

ANYONE DRIVING BACK TO ABERDEEN AFTER THE GIG??? PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE. i offer no sexual favours but um....um....i'm small, inconspicuous and quiet...