aberdeen-music

Know wheres home/Nowwhere's home

The Milner

• 2 weeks later...
This a rough version of our new song we have been recording, this is a first mix of the track we have but i think it sounds amazing already, this song is easily the best thing i have recorded i think but its up to everyone else to decided, have a listen on www.myspace.com/keneticband

:)

we're taking the track down tonight so if anyone has any feedback it would be much appreciated.

Sam,

Cheers man, let you hear that when you were up at the flat before the Lemon Tree. Give me a shout when your back in Aberdeen, hook up for some tea or smoething. :) Oh yeah, the intro does have a string section, its just filtered so that you can't really tell that it is strings till the last bar or 2. One step ahead of you man. ;)

Ciaranx

this song is easily the best thing i have recorded i think but its up to everyone else to decided, have a listen on www.myspace.com/keneticband

So it's up to us to decide if it's your greatest song-writing achievement you've ever recorded, according to you...?

I mean, sure, I think it's the best thing I've ever thought you've written about song-writing from you.

Guest Kilgore Trout
Bloody hell...I haven't heard anything as good since discovering Isobel Campbell's solo stuff ages ago.

Can't say more than that, really.

seriously are you on drugs?

i fucking hope so.

i interupted a smog LP for this. its dul. dull. dull. dull. the epitome of all thats bad about Aberdeen music, it's competent, but thats not enough. Milner, find a better band. ( if i edit this will it edit quoted potions? hmmm? usul? stilgar?)this is not however the worst crime commited by the latest selection of artists on the latest fat hippy collection- cont. in insect rock magazine vol.4 due june 2007.

i fucking hope so.

i interupted a smog LP for this. its dul. dull. dull. dull. the epitome of all thats bad about Aberdeen music, it's competent, but thats not enough. Milner, find a better bad. this is not however the worst crime commited by the latest selection of artists on the latest fat hippy collection- cont. in insect rock magazine vol.4 due june 2007.

Watch i almost took that as a compliment. :)

Guest Kilgore Trout
Watch i almost took that as a compliment. :)

take it how you like. yer a good drummer. the bands shite/ so is whoever writes the songs.

ah well.

(it might be a genre conflict but i'd bet my granny's top rooster it's nae.)

booobies!

anyhow back to dante IXXXVIIIII etc by sepultura, which is quite GOOD!

Guest Kilgore Trout
Definately a good tune/recording. Its nice to hear something slightly different from the others even if i don't like it as much as a couple of the other songs. I think adding a strings section with the piano intro could sound ace.

a man for all seasons!

;)

i fucking hope so.

i interupted a smog LP for this. its dul. dull. dull. dull. the epitome of all thats bad about Aberdeen music, it's competent, but thats not enough. Milner, find a better band. ( if i edit this will it edit quoted potions? hmmm? usul? stilgar?)this is not however the worst crime commited by the latest selection of artists on the latest fat hippy collection- cont. in insect rock magazine vol.4 due june 2007.

www.myspace.com/smog

ok, i take it he means smo2g - (www.myspace.com/smo2g) and if are trying to tell me that its not a "genre conflict" then you are off your head. From a kinda folk tune - to a Gas Mask wearing (ok, i know they dont actually go around wearing gas masks, but u know what i mean) metal screaming bunch from Quebec. i mean COME ON!!! you are never gonna like that music!! you just wanna have a pop, which is fair enough! lol I try to keep an open mind to music but EMOTIONAL DECLINE..... well i can say no more!! Each to their own!!

ok, i take it he means smo2g - (www.myspace.com/smo2g) and if are trying to tell me that its not a "genre class" then you are off your head. From a kinda folk tune - to a Gas Mask wearing (ok, i know they dont actually go around wearing gas masks, but u know what i mean) metal screaming bunch from Quebec. i mean COME ON!!! you are never gonna like that music!! you just wanna have a pop, which is fair enough! lol I try to keep an open mind to music but EMOTIONAL DECLINE..... well i can say no more!! Each to their own!!

Never heard of them. Its cool though, I think its good to here opinions from both directions, like or dislike. The end of the day it can only make bands better to have people giving their honest opinion. We wouldn't put it in a feedback forum otherwise and appreciate everyone who does reply, as long as it is kept constructive. :up:

Ciaranx