aberdeen-music

Brendan Benson Appreciation Thread

Shaki

Just got into him very recently. Bought Lapalco and Alternative to Love for 7 in Fopp on a whim and am absolutely loving them. Anyone else a big fan? There's good youtube stuff of him too.

He's cracking. I've only got One Mississippi, but it's a very cool album.

Wasn't that big a fan of the stuff he did with Jack White though.

He's cracking. I've only got One Mississippi, but it's a very cool album.

Wasn't that big a fan of the stuff he did with Jack White though.

I bought that too. I think the later 2 are even better. You should get them. Haven't listened much to the Raconteurs but what I've heard I've liked.

yeah Brendan Benson is ace. favourite song is probably Metarie. Pity I missed him when he played the lemon tree though. Doh!

Ah Metarie...my namesake :p

I fucking love him, Lapalco is an amazing album. Although the first couple of songs on One Mississippi are perfect, Tea and Sitting Pretty are genius. He played The Lemon Tree about 4 years ago I think, just after Lapalco was released. The first track 'Tiny Spark' was Mark and Lard's record of the week, that's how I first got into him.

How exciting, I thought his solo stuff would be doomed after The Raconteurs. I adore The White Stripes and Brendan Benson but they just don't really work together. Too many front men or something.