aberdeen-music

ENGL Powerball (v2)+ Z-5 footswitch for sale

HateEvent

i'm the opposite!

I prefer the Diezel (VH4) for leads, and well pretty much everything actually, although the 6505 (effectively the same as the 5150) has a massive rhythm sound for metal. Then again I have my 6506 set up exactly the same way as Andy Sneap does... ;)

I'm going to be recording the guitars for our album in 10 days time - gonna be quadrouple tracking the rhythm guitars: peavey 6505, doubled with Diezel VH4 both through a Mesa Cab panned hard left. And then exactly the same panned hard right. All clean/lead guitars played through the Diezel.

It should sound killer, but it's gonna need to be TIGHT!

Dont think you will have a problem with that!! Diezels have massive bottom end but its real tight.

Am quite impressed with channel 3 on my herbie lately - its pretty extreme.

Want to get an einstein soon, they are real nice and apparently theres a new mod on them for switching the different modes on each channel.

Have you got the stock tubes in your VH-4?

I revalved mine recently with RUBY EL34 STR's - same as it came with. but the preamp ones i replaced with TAD's which are excellent.

i'm the opposite!

I prefer the Diezel (VH4) for leads, and well pretty much everything actually, although the 6505 (effectively the same as the 5150) has a massive rhythm sound for metal. Then again I have my 6506 set up exactly the same way as Andy Sneap does... ;)

I'm going to be recording the guitars for our album in 10 days time - gonna be quadrouple tracking the rhythm guitars: peavey 6505, doubled with Diezel VH4 both through a Mesa Cab panned hard left. And then exactly the same panned hard right. All clean/lead guitars played through the Diezel.

It should sound killer, but it's gonna need to be TIGHT!

Yeah think Peavey kept everything inside the amp exact when EVH took away his copyright.

All they had to do was rename the amp.

I have never heard a difference.

Dont think you will have a problem with that!! Diezels have massive bottom end but its real tight.

Am quite impressed with channel 3 on my herbie lately - its pretty extreme.

Want to get an einstein soon, they are real nice and apparently theres a new mod on them for switching the different modes on each channel.

Have you got the stock tubes in your VH-4?

I revalved mine recently with RUBY EL34 STR's - same as it came with. but the preamp ones i replaced with TAD's which are excellent.

yeah it's got the stock tubes in it still. All these sort of high gain amps have a deep or resonance knobs so they can be as bottom end as you like. I'm having a slightly more scooped tone on the 6505 and a slightly more midrange tone on the Diezel. Also using a maxon overdrive in front of both amps, tightens things up nicely :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...