aberdeen-music

Kasule, Frogpocket, Chevron & Electric Tibet, Saturday 15th May 04

chilli

Interesting Music Promotions are extremely chuffed to announce another

event of superb eclectic music for your enjoyment.

Saturday 15th May 04

Dr Drakes

Doors 8pm

Door Tax 5

Kasule

Frogpocket (Benbecula/Planet Mu)

Chevron (Planet Mu)

Electric Tibet

Full artist details to follow

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Full artist details:-

all have websites to check further, just use google

Kasule

Are from Albion Rovers country & are Interesting Music's most favourite NEW find, Their sound is diverse, melodic & challenging & fits the mood. To generalise their sound can be best related to Joy Division big chords; Ulrich Schnauss Slowdive, Elbow guitars; slow-faster-harder-louder type Spaceman 3, Mogwai; however this is only reference points to their unique sound. Their 1st LP Demonstaration, contains many moments of utter sublimeness. Kasule also wrote the soundtrack for an award winning film Black Coffee, which was voted most popular feature film @ The Australian AUSFEST 2002. Kasule's 2nd LP called VHOR is out in May & they will feature quite a few tracks from it as well as some of our old favs. This is kasule's 1st visit to Aberdeen & we hope it isn't their last......

Frog Pocket

Is a rising star on the Benbecula & Planet Mu labels. His live shows are a fantastic spectical as witnessed at last years Unknown Pleasures, where he literally wiped the floor. He is a man who looks like he should be fronting some lo-fi guitar band playing a mixture of insane gabba and folk reels. The best thing is that the Chris Morris rave works incredibly well with the live sound of Frog Pocket's violin. Even at his most extreme he still allows the listener to make out traditional folk melodies beneath the scree. If there was ever to be a Noughties remake of 'Restless Natives', Frog pocket would be the man to record the soundtrack. He often swings wildly from the ridiculous and berserk to the sublimely beautiful in the space of one song, The man is accessible & challenging, he will be 100% dynamite at Drakes.

Chevron

Hails from Blackpool & is a recent Plant Mu signing & his "in your face"

live shows are earning him a great reputation. Here is a review of his last single; "Devastating goodness from Lancashires Chevron on the Mu, Swimming Lessons on the A-side unleashes chopped-up stuttering chords and IDM templates offset by a harrowing dubcore echo of reflectve vocalising pressured deep into a squashed beat mix. Killer. I Remember on the flip taps into the hardcore juice awesome destroyed production and metallic twists lock into oldskool vibes reduced into something altogether new. Mighty mighty stuff". His 1st LP is out later this year & is keenly awaited.

Electric Tibet

Are one of Aberdeen's most innovative four piece bands; influences range from Eric Satie to Sonic Youth & lots in between. Their live shows can be full-on in your face wallofsound, or a very much improvised slow sets with lots of space, like the magnificent show they performed with & supporting The Microphones last year.

Tonight they will be.......................

"To comfort the afflicted & afflict the comfortable"

Their clothes are faded but their souls are black - Electric Tibet

InterestingMusic hope u enjoy this show, we all will, tell your pals......

Originally posted by ghost:

Would love to go (haven't seen Electric Tibet since aforementioned Microphones gig) but am at a wedding in the middle of nowhere. Bah.

ET are1/4 of an exceptional line up, as u can't attend just tell your pals who can give you a report on this superb night

Originally posted by Electric Tibet:

P.P.S. can anyone read Spanish?

http://babelfish.altavista.com made this valiant attempt... El famous Scottish sound...

ELECTRIC TIBET

I like sala.Es the first occasion that the visito.Por which says Yiye has cleaned up it somewhat this ao.En all case the sound is arrollador.El famous Scottish sound...

Electric Tibet, phenomenal band of Aberdeen opens the formidable program of hoy.Aparecen in scene three of its five members habituales.Podra to solely think that the sound of the group would have to be suffered for that reason, nevertheless to my jucio, the special magic of its music remains intacta.Si this simplified version of the band has as much category, I cannot imagine me the excellence in direct of the formation to completo.Hacen rough, bittersweet rock, arriesgado.Electric Tibet give the sensation to investigate and to explore to the maximum in its songs all the possible shades, edges and sonoridades of the rock, with which the listening of each subject becomes wonderful aventura.La diversity of its musical proposal is really extraordinary and infrequent, it can that due to also very varied influences (that the group openly confesses in his web).Desde surf to posthardcore, passing through folk and sicodelia, the group offers an evolved rock and personal that acts as a magnet a catalogue of quality references irresistible.Manejan with masters everything and its music overflows class, elegance, coherence and equilibrio.Pasan of instruments to the vowel with amazing facility, emphasizing in this last aspect the voice of Sandy Galloway, really special and particular, able to offer a variety of registries sorprendentes.Las structures also astonish being fragile, slippery, inasibles... whereas melodas and harmonies distill certain mystery through small and interesting dissonances. The attractive result turns out to be from great originality and frescura.Electric Tibet Eps confirms in direct published their two the category already pointed is to date: "May love be to stranger to you" and "Fallout blues", both published in the Fat seal hippy record of Aberdeen.Ojal this phenomenal group has the luck that is deserved in the difficult present record panorama and can continue publishing discs in the futuro.Estaramos all of enhorabuena regularly.

Originally posted by Alan Cynic:

Another brilliant Drakes night in prospect then. Maybe if I took a sleeping bag Jim & Sharon would let me move in, seeing as I'm there so often. (I'd try not to fart a lot during the night)

Aye & get there sharpish coz its going to start sharp 8.30pm.

Just a thought if you sleep over from the fantastic Puerto Muerto on Monday night,

you can guarantee your early open mic appearance on Tuesday.