aberdeen-music

0% Attendance, 100% Punktuality

Guest Bob

I'm just listing to this and I was thinking, damm, this CD fuckin' rocks. To me, it hasn't aged a bloody bit.

From the lovely opening bassline of "Nowhere Fast" through to the final slowing down/trail off in "Time to Go", this is one quality piece of SoCal listening. Who could forget "Three's a Crowd" with it's chirpy ska-like guitar section that breaks into killer riff? Or that sing-a-long moment in "Conversation Killer" that comes in at 2:17, and again in "Time to Go" at 1:44 before the guitar solo?

If you've got it, dig it out and listen to it again. Loudly.

But asides from that, what older CDs released by Aberdeen bands do you still enjoy?

Aye, but this thread isn't just a big back slap for Quik... what other local releases still float your boat?

"Baby Can I....?" by Sirius

New school humour, old school stylee combined in the world's finest and only "skool" CD. Nevermind the fact that this CD probably has the coolest, most idiosyncratic cover art from any band within this city, "Baby Can I...?" was the last release from Aberdeen's favourite snotty punk bastards.

And it was fuckin good too.

Who could forget the vocals of Terry Cunt as he screams "Can I kill you if I promise not to scar your face?", or the lyrical humour penned by Kai? The classic moment when the nice lady in "Milf" is compared to a milk carton is genius... "Push back her flaps to open before she's out of date".

An all round great CD to shove up a notch or ten on the stereo and amuse/surprise/shock people with.

Haha i whipped out 0% attendance, 100% punktuality the other week too, to get me in the summer mood...and my brother brought it into school today...to let his music class hear...apparantly my music teacher thought it was great!

I also had out the Gilman St demo from 2002 the other day...back in the days with Neil....its nae bad.

Also would take out X-certs - One Time Too Many ep but its too scratched to play :S

Still haven't bought the Poo one yet...really should do that!