aberdeen-music

Hospital visits?

Benji

Errm...

Twice for stitches because I'd cracked my head open

Once for stitches because I'd gone through a glass door

Twice as a result of head knocks (once after fighting someone much bigger than me, once after tripping)

And a suspected heart attack on Christmas Day last year, A&E most definitely isn't a cheery place at that time of year. Turned out just to be a viral infection, but it wasn't pleasant at all.

Twice with Diabetic Keto-Acidosis. First time was when i was diagnosed with diabetes and the second time, was because i forgot an injection. Mainly consisted of sudden weight loss (i looked like Richard Ashcroft), lack of fluid (pissing it out all the time, very dry skin and almost no saliva), as well as putting a big strain on the old organs. Second time was the same but without the weight loss and with more puking up bile and hallucinations, and missing Idlewild at Music Hall. Both times they just pumped me full of insulin and saline and sent me home within 3 days.

myself..

cracked my eardrum in primary school after being sandwiched between someone who was running very quickly and a concrete pillar. i was knocked unconscious and came round in a fireman's lift on the playground attendant's shoulder.

i was in the bath when a (small) mirror fell in, mostly on my back. again in primary school. i don't remember it hurting, even when the guy was removing shards of glass from my back.

spraining my ankle after skateboarding. the one and only time i ever tried it.

staving (sp?) my thumb quite badly after going over it with rollerskates...i couldn't movie it for weeks :(

most serious was when i kept passing out in the south of france, my mum and dad eventually took me to the doctor, who then rushed me to hospital in st. tropez. it turns out i had a paranidal sinus? or abcess, caused by an ingrown hair that was wrapping itself around the base of my spine and would have caused very serious blood poisoning if they hadn't removed it that very day. beforehand i couldn't run, i could barely walk and lying down on my back/sitting down was absolute agony. so, one operation on my ass crack later and two days spent doped up in a ward reading 'tess of the d'ubervilles' i fly back to the UK. i was unable to stand up because i was still high on whatever marvellous painkillers they fed me, so i was put in a wheelchair and whisked onto and off of the plane. never gotten out of an airport so quickly.

visiting others....

various times, mostly with my brother though. a few times when he was first diagnosed with diabetes, the second when he took a fit after staying the night at my flat...i got to ride in the ambulance with him that time...and he was diagnosed with non-light sensitive epilepsy.

visited grandmother's in hospital too. once when i was younger, second when i was old enough to realise what was happening.

s'all i can remember for now.