aberdeen-music

Effects pedals - advice wanted

incredibledisc

I'm always on the lookout for unusual or creative effects to mess with my guitar sound. With that in mind I've been eyeing up the Danelectro DR-1 Reverse Delay pedal as it sounds like a groovy idea. Anyone here tried it out?

Similarly I've been looking at getting a looper ever since I got into doing sound on sound stuff with my Reel Echo pedal. I've been looking at the Digitech Jamman although my fellow guitarist reckons I should get the Boss RC-2 once it arrives in the stores. Anyone else own a looping pedal and have an opinion? I've seen the Akai Headrush as well but it has a pretty short loop time for what I want.

Thanks in advance.

If you are looking at getting a delay pedal and a loop pedal you are probably best off getting one that does both (loop is essentially a type of delay).

I own a Line 6 DL4 and would recommend it. Admittedly, when using the loop function you can only use a short delay at the same time.

It also depends if you want to use it live. Native Instruments Guitar Rig sofotware has a large number of effects and a loop machine built in. http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=guitarrig2_us&ftu=96561a0a1925368