aberdeen-music

The Music Show (BBC 2)

Guest Callum, Underflow

Guest Callum, Underflow

The Music Show on BBC 2 starts this sunday, showing the best of new Scottish bands. Or at least thats what i believe the formatt to be. I think it's the Fratellis this week but later on in the serries Kobai, who are playing the next Underflow are going to be performing on it.

I'm glad there finnally seems to be more interest in the Scottish music scene recently and long may it continue.

Is anyone else going to be checkin this out?

Guest Mr Blastcap
I saw some of this. It is a good idea, the format is okay. Good presenters. Fratellis were on it, they were dull. They showed F.O machete which is unfortunate, but yeah....good tele show i reckon.

hope it stays on tele, can only get better :)

ding! (your opinion)

Guest Callum, Underflow

I really enjoyed the show.

It was nice to see a mention of AKA The Fox on there

It was cool to see them mentioned along with someother up and coming favourites of mine such as Popup, Kid Canaveral and The Low Miffs.

I think the AKA the Fox mention was for a compitition where the winner gets to make a video etc. so all us Fox fans have to get voteing.

PS - mind and watch it next week for preview of Kobai

As predicted... I failed to catch it. Sat down in front of the telly at 9 o'clock and was greeted by Paul Weller (which was still lovely and informative viewing).

So is it just indie/rock/pop stuff or is there some room for folk, jazz and all the nice things that my little sister doesn't care for?

I say we take back to the Old Grey Whistle Test for the Scots. Yaaar yabas!

Guest Callum, Underflow
Yeah Callum, get on it!!! It's not like you can skive around RGU all day anymore! (or evening, when I skived around.

More's the pity, that was a good life. anyhow, i've already voted for youz guys. when do you find out the results? And how's everything going with the band now youz are in Glasgow?