aberdeen-music

Driveblind

Shaki

Anyone got the album? I bought it in one-up today.

Surprised it's not been mentioned on here - Aberdeen Band, signed to Geffen release debut album. Anyone?

I'm on the second listen. Really enjoying it. Never really considered their Who-esqueness (yes it's a word) but I'm hearin it now. I don't like the 2nd song but the rest is really strong.

Chuffed for the loons :up:

Yes I've got really liking the album especially Lightsleeper and Autumn Red.

Davey Nix, sent a link to a review they got which compared them to Little Angels. Me and Mr Nix were both big fans of Little Angels growing up so think he is well chuffed with the comparison!

http://www.melodic.net/latestReviews.asp#5142:up:

Can't say I know much about Little Angels, I remember the name but that's about it. To be honest I don't know much about any of the bands that review compared them too except the Trews. I much prefer the faster, rockier ones than Lightsleeper and Autumn Red. Forty-Two is probably my favourite at the moment. Can't wait to see them live, they were pretty damn good "back in the day", I imagine they'll be exceptional after 3 years of full time music and extensive touring.

Can't say I know much about Little Angels, I remember the name but that's about it. To be honest I don't know much about any of the bands that review compared them too except the Trews. I much prefer the faster, rockier ones than Lightsleeper and Autumn Red. Forty-Two is probably my favourite at the moment. Can't wait to see them live, they were pretty damn good "back in the day", I imagine they'll be exceptional after 3 years of full time music and extensive touring.

Couldn't agree more. See you on the 4th Nov!

Guest DustyDeviada

I've got an early version of the album but I think it's been changed since then, I'll probably order it from CD-Wow.

Good luck to them!

As for Little Angels, I used to love the song Too Much Too Young, but I can't really say that they are similar to Driveblind.

Guest Mr Blastcap

i'm allergic to them i think, i cant stop ranting at them when they come on the tv ! i bloody hate em' , which is better than "not arsed" or "i thouroughly accept they are competent songwriters and good musicians, but allthough they are good in a way they are not my cup of tea...etc"

good on em' though, getting as far away from me as possible, if i saw them live i might explode!

i like my pop project ven hell shaped.

Anyone got the album? I bought it in one-up today.

Surprised it's not been mentioned on here - Aberdeen Band, signed to Geffen release debut album. Anyone?

I'm on the second listen. Really enjoying it. Never really considered their Who-esqueness (yes it's a word) but I'm hearin it now. I don't like the 2nd song but the rest is really strong.

Chuffed for the loons :up:

When are people going to let this poor band STOP being an Aberdeen band?!

Guest Mr Blastcap
posts were deleted as they broke the forum rules.

oh blimey! what was the general gist of the posts? critique, or personal abuse? i feel all lonesome in my disgust for Blindydrive

Guest Mr Blastcap
They're gonna be massive over here. There's a huge poster on Sunst Blvd promoting the new album.

have you not heard the music they make? i know americans are stupid but thats fucking pushing it.

have you not heard the music they make? i know americans are stupid but thats fucking pushing it.

I personally think it will have pretty broad mainstream appeal on both sides of the water. Being that they're on a major record label as Jim said, if they decide to push Driveblind in your face - even you'll find yourself singing along (and then possibly exploding.....). Time will tell.