aberdeen-music

Talented Local Musicians

Guest djdjdj

Guest Tam o' Shantie
No more-so than this.

What, a band forum? You've lost me there. If you're implying that it signifies an affiliation between 10 Easy Wishes and Aberdeen-Music.com, which everyone knows is the home of trogloditic and backward thinking local scenesters (the kind of people who want to know who Aberdeen's real 'rock idols' are, for example), then you'd be correct to the extent that we as a band saw the option of having a forum hosted by another site as less hassle than becoming proficient in PHP. If you're implying that we are an up-its-own-arse local band, then you're obviously an ignorant fool with no idea that we have been touring the length of the UK and further afield since we were still . Then again, judging by your 'outrageously blunt' and posts full of 'extreme attitude', that was of less interest to you than maintaining your 'shocking' persona.

What, a band forum? You've lost me there. If you're implying that it signifies an affiliation between 10 Easy Wishes and Aberdeen-Music.com, which everyone knows is the home of trogloditic and backward thinking local scenesters (the kind of people who want to know who Aberdeen's real 'rock idols' are, for example), then you'd be correct to the extent that we as a band saw the option of having a forum hosted by another site as less hassle than becoming proficient in PHP. If you're implying that we are an up-its-own-arse local band, then you're obviously an ignorant fool with no idea that we have been touring the length of the UK and further afield since we were still.

You're ace. I like how you think. Good use of trogloditic too. :)

As for your rant about having your forum on here, I just found it ironic, in the light of your slamming of local 'fans' - although that word isn't correct, as no-one on this website likes any aberdeen bands it seems - why would you want the 'trogloditic' people posting about your band - which you work hard for - on this site. Just seems strange.

Then again, judging by your 'outrageously blunt' and posts full of 'extreme attitude', that was of less interest to you than maintaining your 'shocking' persona.

Ah well, that's really in the eye of the beholder. Wasn't intended to be shocking.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
You're ace. I like how you think. Good use of trogloditic too. :)

As for your rant about having your forum on here, I just found it ironic, in the light of your slamming of local 'fans' - although that word isn't correct, as no-one on this website likes any aberdeen bands it seems - why would you want the 'trogloditic' people posting about your band - which you work hard for - on this site. Just seems strange.

Ah well, that's really in the eye of the beholder. Wasn't intended to be shocking.

I see where you're coming from but it's not really used anymore and when it was it was mostly because of uncertainty about where to post stuff - for example, for a long time bands based in aberdeen were expected not to post their own news in music discussion which previously was the place to shout it out. I still don't really understand it. However, the 'slamming' was supposed to be sarcastic - from what you said earlier I got the impression that you were implying that 10EW were stooping to having a forum on this site and that by default we were tying ourselves in with local scenesters.

As for shocking blah blah blah, i've had a read through your other posts and you're perhaps not as one-dimensional a character as I thought, so I take that back.

I think that is;

Scott Cruickshank - Guitar

Mike Ray - Bass

Fraser (can't remember last name) - drums

guy i can't remember the name of - piano

They are all very good

Other great local musicians include;

Ian Milne - Piano

Evelyn Glenny - percussion

Vijay Pilau - piano and keyboards

George Norval - guitar

Dave Robets - Saxaphone

Eric (really old guy who comes out with terrible jokes) - piano and keyboards

There are a few other great musicians that I know of lecturing at Abedeen University and Aberdeen College.

I probably mispelt a number of the names above.

Drums will be Fraser Peterkin