aberdeen-music

Brick

Afro Droid

Agreed, one of the only time's I've heard an applause after a film in the UK. Utterly phenomenal, and the jive-talk is brilliant. Apparently they sat in on hours of character-building sessions so the actors could nail them all perfectly, probably why they're all amazing. I also loved the tiny bits of really dark comedy.

Only dissapointment was how easy it was to spot the femme fatalé, which of course no film noir could be without.

8.5/10

Guest Tam o' Shantie

I really did enjoy it, the jive talk didn't particularly move me either way but it added to the atmosphere I suppose. Definately agree with Jonny on the violence remark - really shocked me, despite the complete lack of gore. Shows that you don't need blood 'n' guts to convey that sort of thing well.

I really did enjoy it, the jive talk didn't particularly move me either way but it added to the atmosphere I suppose. Definately agree with Jonny on the violence remark - really shocked me, despite the complete lack of gore. Shows that you don't need blood 'n' guts to convey that sort of thing well.

Is this back out in the cinema's again?

I missed it when it was shown but I'll more than likely get the dvd when it is released.

pot pageing mr kettle.....

you seemed to miss Johnny Mac's clue that it was available on dvd when you rudely mocked me even though it was the post before yours. you should research your sarcasm better.

I'd read his post - I was just mentioning that I saw in Asda.

The image of you tracking a DVD while dressed as Crocodile Dundee was in my head at the time....