aberdeen-music

"local band"

Guest alex.

Guest alex.

how many of the "local bands" people have in their profile are actually real? and are we ever going to hear them if they've not played yet?

a few examples (and no, i'm not having "a go" these were just the first few i could think of :))

zak attack

five finger discount

shape/shift

and the ubiquitous none yet ;)

Guest Scott 5FD

Five Finger Discount are real.

we would have been practising loads and recording a demo in the Easter Holidays, but our drummer had to go back home to Perth.

we are working on getting our set really tight so that we don't embaress ourselves (too much) when we get on stage.

expect to see us abouy July hopefully, with our two minue songs about society, girls and homeless people.

oh and just want to add 'The S-Dawg D'n'B collective' is not a real project yet. ;)

Guest tv tanned
Originally posted by Lester Burnham:

Sulty Acoustics are also real... that's in the process of emerging like a butterfly from the cacoon.

Sulty? as in the Logie pronunciation of the word 'salty' or a mis-spelling of the word 'sultry'? ;)

Originally posted by tv tanned:

Sulty? as in the Logie pronunciation of the word 'salty' or a mis-spelling of the word 'sultry'? ;)

Sultry...

Ah... I'm literally just out of bed (it's my day off yipee!).

:p

zak attack ARE a band. we're in the process of writing songs, our drummer is in england for the holidays but once he gets back we'll be practising/jamming/writing like billio. BUT we don't want to start gigging until we reckon we sound good enough to unleash ourselves upon you all. so don't expect anything til near enough june...

Originally posted by Frosty Jack:

Many people doubt the existence of Suvara, but that's because we only play about twice a year these days. Least organised band evah... However we will be making a rare appearance at the MeFM Benefit in Drakes on the 28th. Hopefully to more than four people this time...

28th of what??? eh eh eh? Because I want to go... *scratches head*

Originally posted by Lester Burnham:

a wednesday eh? we practise that night, but I'll be along afterwards... expects gasps of envy as I waltz through the door around 10:30pm

Gasps of envy from the throngs of locked out punters outside as you waltz in just in time to see us onstage at 10.40 then...

assuming the running order stays on schedule

hahahaahaaa

*breathes*

hahahaahaahaa...

Originally posted by alex.:

how many of the "local bands" people have in their profile are actually real? and are we ever going to hear them if they've not played yet?

a few examples (and no, i'm not having "a go" these were just the first few i could think of :))

zak attack

five finger discount

shape/shift

and the ubiquitous none yet ;)

Zack Attack are playing together, and writing and most definitley probably hopefully won't be called Zack Attack if and hopefully, when, we gig. June at the VERY LEAST. When we arrive you will shit yourselves.

Originally posted by Frosty Jack:

Gasps of envy from the throngs of locked out punters outside as you waltz in just in time to see us onstage at 10.40 then...

assuming the running order stays on schedule

hahahaahaaa

*breathes*

hahahaahaahaa...

Oh yes... I'll split the crowd outside like moses... it'll be a wash of celestrial madness... with death... then I'll appear out of the chaos... JUST in time to buy a drink and get settled for 10:40pm ;)