aberdeen-music

NAPALM DEATH CONFIRM - check line up

lava p.

Come on inspire me why these remarks have anything to do with napalm death playing aberdeen.
they don't. but they were made because you're a prick.
Oh and thurisaz why cant you move on and stop stirring up my remarks about mr rowlands? Or is that too hard? I can move on and better myself with regards to that.
because it was an outlandish claim that you made in an attempt to turn the tables on rowlands. which everyone knew was fucking bollocks. also, someone asked, and i replied with why you won't be at any of those gigs.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw them at Download '05 and they were awesome!

Gotta say that I'm rather surprised that ND would appear at a Clear Channel sponsored event. For those who may not be aware of CC's practices, they have sought, seeking to remove all competition and through means of bullying, to close down DIY show spaces across the United States.

For a closer look at Clear Channel's business practices, check out Jake McGee's piece Live Nation Is A Minion Of Evil:

http://www.kotorimag.com/?p=article&id=8&PHPSESSID=3d351885d3415c8e876a71c549a91676

is the date correct? just picked up these tour dates

October

3rd Southampton - Joiners Arms

4th Plymouth - University

5th Oxford - Zodiac

6th Manchester - Academy 3

7th Newcastle - Academy 2

8th Glasgow - King Tuts

9th Stoke - Sugarmill

10th Cardiff - Walkabout

11th Norwich - Waterfront

12th London - Underworld

13th Nottingham - Rock City

14th Wolverhampton - Wulfrun Hall

and their website has the following dates...

18.10. Newcastle University (United Kingdom)

19.10. Southampton The Brook (United Kingdom)

20.10. Bradford Rio (United Kingdom)

21.10. Nottingham Marcus Garvey Centrum (United Kingdom)

yes, the date is correct. aberdeen date replaced southhampton which got pulled. i believe the early october dates are those for mendeed's own headline tour.

Gotta say that I'm rather surprised that ND would appear at a Clear Channel sponsored event. For those who may not be aware of CC's practices, they have sought, seeking to remove all competition and through means of bullying, to close down DIY show spaces across the United States.

For a closer look at Clear Channel's business practices, check out Jake McGee's piece Live Nation Is A Minion Of Evil:

http://www.kotorimag.com/?p=article&id=8&PHPSESSID=3d351885d3415c8e876a71c549a91676

its also been suggested that the same is now happening in the uk?

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Oh and thurisaz why cant you move on and stop stirring up my remarks about mr rowlands? Or is that too hard? I can move on and better myself with regards to that.

It was me who asked, I heard about all this but it got taken down from here before I could check it out. Saying stuff like that is bang out of order so, if you've moved on and bettered yourself, which I hope to fuck you have, does this mean you retract those remarks and apologise for them? That would be a start.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Disappointing, but not surprising. It's been downhill since Lee and Bill left the band. I tried to stick with it, but gave up at "Fear, Emptiness, Despair". Just another metal band nowadays.

It was me who asked, I heard about all this but it got taken down from here before I could check it out. Saying stuff like that is bang out of order so, if you've moved on and bettered yourself, which I hope to fuck you have, does this mean you retract those remarks and apologise for them? That would be a start.

ok i will retract the rascist remark, after speaking to my friend about it, he took back the allegation of that, wasn't too pleased with him to be honest. As for the bullying, it did occur. Dont give a fuck about it now though, its water under the bridge, because i am bigger than that :)

Just hope the others involved can do the same now

Guest Jake Wifebeater
ok i will retract the rascist remark, after speaking to my friend about it, he took back the allegation of that, wasn't too pleased with him to be honest. As for the bullying, it did occur. Dont give a fuck about it now though, its water under the bridge, because i am bigger than that :)

Just hope the others involved can do the same now

Oh riiiiiiiiiight. Hmm, can't understand where he would have got that from, DR's one of the easiest-going people I've ever met. Sheesh, gossip. Wonder if they'll let you in to gigs now?

Oh riiiiiiiiiight. Hmm, can't understand where he would have got that from, DR's one of the easiest-going people I've ever met. Sheesh, gossip. Wonder if they'll let you in to gigs now?

To be honest, in real life i thought he was a nice guy, but he seems to be different on these boards in my opinion

Guest Jake Wifebeater

I think you're confusing the two Dave's here. Rowlands doesn't post much, but the other Dave posts a fair bit, and he gives me a run for my money in the "talking bollocks" stakes, in a nice way of course!

I think it's fairly easy to distinguish between Thurisaz posts and Dave Rowlands posts though... Weirdly enough there usernames are as stated.

Now shut the FUCK up.

back to Topic: I shall "hopefully" be in attendence (not bought a ticket yet) even though i'm not particularly enthused by the new een yet. It could be a grower. Will agree they went a bit pish though but i liked "enemies of the music business", "order of the leech" and "the code is red" though. Bigger fan of Venomous Concept though!! Kev Sharpe has the BEST vocals next to Andy Bonesaw!! haha

Bazz Ooka

its also been suggested that the same is now happening in the uk?

Indeed. From Wikipedia:

Live Nation UK is the United Kingdom subsidiary of Live Nation International, formerly the entertainment division of Clear Channel, a major US media conglomerate but now a separate and independent corporation world-wide. As Clear Channel UK, Live Nation UK acquired the Mean Fiddler organisation, giving it a stake in most major music festivals and medium-sized London music venues. It is expected to continue expanding over the next few years.

And, for more info on CC's corporate misdealings: http://www.clearchannelsucks.net

Whoops, could've sworn it said Drummonds when I looked a few days ago.:O

I'll get me coat.

EDIT: Aha, I see where I might have got confused, Drummonds have Mendeed listed for the Sunday before, so either those two gigs got mixed up in my brain, or senile dementia is beckoning.

i reckon both, mendeed are not playing drummonds anymore.

they don't. but they were made because you're a prick.

because it was an outlandish claim that you made in an attempt to turn the tables on rowlands. which everyone knew was fucking bollocks. also, someone asked, and i replied with why you won't be at any of those gigs.

What a sad existence you must have, typical aberdonian arse. Too bad you cant better yourself, obviously NOT BIG ENOUGH. Go away you sad little man. So if someone said jump, you would say how high? Get a clue, really. It's people like you that will always stay at the same level. Oh well its your loss and your life

What a sad existence you must have, typical aberdonian arse. Too bad you cant better yourself, obviously NOT BIG ENOUGH. Go away you sad little man. So if someone said jump, you would say how high? Get a clue, really. It's people like you that will always stay at the same level. Oh well its your loss and your life
hahahahahahahaha. jesus, you blow things so out of proportion its unreal!!this isnt "say jump, how high" its "ask question-answer question"

you're so fucking ridiculous it makes me worried for your sanity. my god, please, put down the spade and walk away from the fucing crater you've dug yourself, i dunno, go post on the relapse message boards or something and bitch about how worried you are about the state of the british metal scene or something.