aberdeen-music

Help!

Guest MKII

Guest DustyDeviada

Ouch, that was a pretty quick decision.

I'm willing to bet you find yourself saying "I wish I hadn't sold the Standard" in a few years time.

But I know how it is when you need the cash.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lime ruined my life

how about you take the best bits of both and put them together, then sell the rest.

are the humbucker slots the same size? you could put the standards pickups in the custom, then sell the standard.

or you could get the customs neck fitted to the standard?

Ouch, that was a pretty quick decision.

I'm willing to bet you find yourself saying "I wish I hadn't sold the Standard" in a few years time.

But I know how it is when you need the cash.

Nah I wont, I have a custom! :p

New black pickup surrounds and top hat knobs arrived today, pickups when or if the guitar sellls.

how about you take the best bits of both and put them together, then sell the rest.

are the humbucker slots the same size? you could put the standards pickups in the custom, then sell the standard.

Ferk that, totally devalue both guitars! The custom probably just needs the wiring seeing to.

Nah I wont, I have a custom! :p

New black pickup surrounds and top hat knobs arrived today, pickups when or if the guitar sellls.

Ferk that, totally devalue both guitars! The custom probably just needs the wiring seeing to.

i suppose i'm into canabalising >200 guitars a bit more.

Guest DustyDeviada

Les Paul necks are glued in, not bolted on, it's just one of the many reasons why they are more expensive than Fenders.

Crazy kids!

i actually really like my peavey strat i bought in a terrible condition for 20. i've been playing it just as much as my G&L recently. i did end up spending about 200 on parts though. i planned to get my plywood tele squire body back into action, but i'd need to buy a lot of parts for it as a lot of them were butchered.

I'm beginning to think that seriously customising guitars is a bit of a waste of time. I wanted to upgrade my strat instead of buying another guitar. I bought a new set of pickups, scratchplate, a new body and new electrics. Oh, and a new sustain block. All I need now is another neck and I can re-assemble my old guitar again!

I am an idiot

P.S. Nice Les (?)

Guest spikefae20dj

hey dude in my opinion u should never get rid of your first guitar, i haven't and my one's only a fender strat but still got a real nice sound. anyway both guitars look real nice and unless your really really desperate for money keep em both as u did say they have diferent sounds so why not try playing around with both and c what ya come up with

But i think definately keep both or u'll probally regret it :rockon:

So what pups are you thinking of?

Everyone on the Les Paul Forum is raving about Fralins.

I'll see how it is once the wiring has been seen to.

hey dude in my opinion u should never get rid of your first guitar, i haven't and my one's only a fender strat but still got a real nice sound. anyway both guitars look real nice and unless your really really desperate for money keep em both as u did say they have diferent sounds so why not try playing around with both and c what ya come up with

But i think definately keep both or u'll probally regret it :rockon:

The standard is not my first guitar, it is my 4th. :p

Guest spikefae20dj
Buy a cheap guitar and enjoy the cash!

No go for for your new baby if u sold 2 beast's like that you should get a nice new expensive guitar while u'v got the cash