aberdeen-music

Upgrade complete!

Neil

The upgrade of vBulletin and associated components has been successful. Although one or two bits and pieces still need to be done I've decided to get the web site open for business in the mean time. So if you notice any problems then please feel free to reply to this thread with details or post a report into the Technical Problems forum but don't be surprised if they are fixed in the following day or so anyway. :)

I'm also taking this opportunity to update and add to the web site. Below is what should be a frequently updated list of new features/additions over the next week:

- Venues : Due to the lack of information coming from local venues I have abandoned the separate venue information pages and instead replaced it with a single Venues page integrated with Google Maps. As you can see it provides pretty much the same level of information about each venue anyway but with the bonus of seeing exactly where it is located.

- Calendar/Forum Integration : If you now add an event to the calendar then following successful approval a new thread for that event will automatically be created in the Gigs & Events forum for people to discuss your event. This also works in reverse so if post a new thread in the Gigs & Events forum then it will be automatically added to the calendar. No need to do both any longer. :)

- MySpace URL Profile Field : Many of you have your own MySpace page so you can now add the URL of your MySpace site to your profile. If this URL is added to your profile then a MySpace icon will appear beside the other IM icons under your profile details on each post you make. If people click on the icon then they go to your MySpace site!

Please keep checking on this post to see if there has been any more updates to the list above that might interest you.

Thanks for your patience.

sounds good, im away for a wee looksey at ahing...

edit: i like the map of venues... quite handy!!

how come you have to press the quick reply button on a post before you reply... you didnt have to do that befre...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Neil,

I was away when these changes wre being made (hence the last posting). Combining the Calendar with the Gigs and Events forum is a grea idea - only thing is none of the last three events I've tried to add to either - Shooglenifty (Forum), Long Blondes (Calendar) and Billy Bragg (Forum) - do you know are they just awaiting approval or is there a technical problem?

Cheers

Jamie

Hi Neil,

I was away when these changes wre being made (hence the last posting). Combining the Calendar with the Gigs and Events forum is a grea idea - only thing is none of the last three events I've tried to add to either - Shooglenifty (Forum), Long Blondes (Calendar) and Billy Bragg (Forum) - do you know are they just awaiting approval or is there a technical problem?

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie, there was just a delay in approving new additions to the calendar as I was on holiday. Everything should now be back up to date now and so anything you added should now be in the calendar as expected.

what are the little green bars underneath the usernames for? ?(

It's just an indication of your reputation points. More points, more green pips. Should make identifying those users with a good reputation a little bit easier.