aberdeen-music

Lone Pigeon plays here on the 22nd April

Dizzy Storm

Originally posted by Turnham Green:

How did Ziggy's set go, was he heckled as well?

Zigmeister was on fine form, really nice set and no trouble from the fucktards, strangely, apart from one guy yelling 'shite' once but it wasn't a problem, might have been jokey. Lone Pigeon made him apologise for it after though.

He started off with his buttonbox thingy, and also later featured his autoharp. All lovely, and made all the better with the addition of Big Jim on stripped down drums. (the drums were stripped down, not Jim, obv.)

Guest Satyam Shivam Sundaram
Originally posted by Frosty Jack:

Zigmeister was on fine form, really nice set and no trouble from the fucktards, strangely, apart from one guy yelling 'shite' once but it wasn't a problem, might have been jokey. Lone Pigeon made him apologise for it after though.

He started off with his buttonbox thingy, and also later featured his autoharp. All lovely, and made all the better with the addition of Big Jim on stripped down drums. (the drums were stripped down, not Jim, obv.)

The thought of Jim stripped down, eek! o_O

Oi!!!!!!! I'm in fine fettle! Me and my 'white wine belly' are very happy together!

I enjoyed the night and didn't enjoy the night all in the same breath... Was one of the strangets nights yet me thinks. The boy is a songwriting genius though and with that comes eccentricity... Be one that is remembered for a long time. Good and bad reasons... The album is pretty cool. Makes me wanna greet at times...

Cheers

Jim (will never be stripped down) Ewen. Except on my new table dancing ladies only night that I will be starting soon, just waiting for Nick to return...

It was a bizzare night indeed, with or without Bij Jim's white belly. During the Pidge's, set I felt I was witnessing a nervous breakdown of sorts...I probably was. What intrigued me was the fact that He stayed on stage for over two hours, even though he clearly would rather have been in a toadstool field with his dog. It was a very uncomfortable feeling watching him, but a totally unforgetable experience.

Z

Guest Satyam Shivam Sundaram
Originally posted by DR DRAKE:

It was a bizzare night indeed, with or without Bij Jim's white belly. During the Pidge's, set I felt I was witnessing a nervous breakdown of sorts...I probably was. What intrigued me was the fact that He stayed on stage for over two hours, even though he clearly would rather have been in a toadstool field with his dog. It was a very uncomfortable feeling watching him, but a totally unforgetable experience.

Z

This sounds like Cat Power live gigs...

this is very true, however we saw Cat Power at her absolute best at the LT last year, but she was totally OTT at the very next date she played on that tour, lying on the stage & talking jibberish for half an hour etc etc.

Mr LP was obviously very nervous & he seriously overplayed audience participation. He said afterward that last night was the most difficult date he's ever played, mainly due to that table of utter twats who should have been mouth muzzled to bring them into line with the majority, who make Drakes gigs iv'e been to always special. We live & learn.

ps ZC & JE lovely stuff & the new harp song is excellent.

It was a strange night indeed, and I've already heard lots of different opinions about it, which I suppose is a good thing. I'm still not sure if I 'enjoyed' it or not. The open-mike crowd on Tuesday was a bit wilder than usual, too, but LPs audience were downright rude. The man himself would obviously be more comfortable with others on stage - he seemed least troubled when Ziggy and Jim helped out (I enjoyed their own set, especially the squeezebox and autoharp bits).

oh, that was brilliant at the LT. the nervous cough/throatclearing thing into the mic after every third line was quite endearing. reminded me of myself. except i almost spew my guts on stage. hurrah.

LP's set was brilliant. i thoughly enjoyed it despite the wankers. and even they gave the gig a unique atmosphere :)

the one he did with the huge organ sound - really simple it was - was wonderful. even when he improvised a twenty minute ending (or so it seemed). that was my highlight. i wish i knew what it was.