aberdeen-music

LED guitar mod (w/ pics...)

Doc Ascension

I've always wanted to do this to your guitar Hog... the piss in an ice box one :)

LEDs inside a clear acrylic body would be just awesome!

Actually Doc, I have decided to keep it, for some reason it is actually really easy to play! So Im getting EMG81's fitted in it and Leds would make it the weirdest damn guitar ever lol:up:

how much did that set you back if you don't mind me asking you? I have a white Ibanez Rg350dfx which that effect would come in handy for in the future!

actually not very much as I did it myself ... soo total cost is less than a tenner for the 15 LEDs really....

sore wire, a 50p 2AA battery box which is in the electronics cavity....

actually not very much as I did it myself ... soo total cost is less than a tenner for the 15 LEDs really....

sore wire' date=' a 50p 2AA battery box which is in the electronics cavity....[/quote']

i really wish i knew what you were talking about but i don't have the foggiest. I've been contemplating getting them for a while i think i may undertake the job now.

how did you address the noise issue?

there isn't one... there's only 2 AA batties in there so they create no intereference or noise on my pickups at all!!

I put them there because you see my hand move past them when I pick and it looks cool...

@black matter guy - it's pretty easy to do if you know how to solder... A battery box is just a little black plastic box to hold the batteries to power the LEDs... literally cost me less than 10 pounds!

that requires a lot of precision routing and sheilding' date=' unlike putting them in an un-used pickup cavity, hence the price.[/quote']

surprisingly though... getting the fretboard off and then back on the neck is the hardest part of this project...

I will be doing this to a guitar I'm building next year - the rest isn't too difficult... its just fannying about with the fretboard will have me worried!