Sunday 29 August (Leeds):

The White Stripes

Morrissey // The Libertines

Franz Ferdinand

Sunday 29 August (Reading):

Friday 27 August (Leeds):

Green Day

50 Cent

Plus these acts will be playing over the six stages during the weekend (with more to be announced...):

Lost Prophets // The Streets

Guest Scott 5FD

i really hope NOFX play, coz i couldn't go when they played last year and i got my face rubbed in it.

NOFX, Rancid and Alkaline Trio would make it for me. seeing CapDown up there would also be nice, but i doubt it'll happen.

Originally posted by psydoll:

I'm excited about seeing Lostprophets again and I'd like to see The Streets and maybe 50 Cent. Not overly worried about most of the others but nae doubt the Concrete Jungle stage and the Smirnoff Dance Arena will make up for it :D

ive noticed from loads of your threads what a diverse taste you have, cool cool :)

I rekon that looks pretty cool, the datsuns kicked ass last year and i hope they return.

Word on the net is that Zebrahead are 90% there to getting booked (over bands like Jesse James), I also hope that they manage to pull the Beatsteaks, Bodyjar, Living End (played in '99) and other such bands that play other festivals around the world, if their interested.

Not a fan then Rob? ;)

Presumably won't be doing Glastonbury after all the hubbub over how much they/their management wanted to play it this year. Are they?

Nope. I would like nothing more than to be bludgeoning the singer dude to death with assorted demolition heavy equipment, and some TNT just to be sure (and to show the eejit what AC/DC were talking about, in an ironic kind of way).

Originally posted by Paulscoconutass:

I also hope that they manage to pull the Beatsteaks, Bodyjar, Living End (played in '99) and other such bands that play other festivals around the world, if their interested.

Did they get The Beatsteaks last year or am I just making that up? I seem to remember being quite impressed with them on a sampler CD and a video I caught on MTV2 if it's the right band I'm thinking of.

Did they get The Beatsteaks last year or am I just making that up? I seem to remember being quite impressed with them on a sampler CD and a video I caught on MTV2 if it's the right band I'm thinking of.

You're just making that up, but they were on punk-o-rama 6 (or there abouts) with a song called 'God Knows' and TV with the catchy song 'Let Me In' (which had targets and was mostly in red/white and blakc). They're quite good and manage merge the borders between rock, punk and dirty rock. I'd urge everyone to check them out - especially the album 'Living targets'

Last Years Concrete Jungle

-Funeral For A Friend

-King Prawn

-Thrice

-The Movielife

-Poison The Well

-Boy Sets Fire

-Turbonegro

-Mad Caddies

-Alkaline Trio

-Ataris

-Pennywise

-Lagwagon

Other bands that played on the smaller stages

-Billy Tallent

-Franz Ferdinand

-Instruction

-Hell Is For Heroes

-AFI

-Hundred Reasons

-Mars Volta

-Thrills

-Jet

The line up wasn't too shady - and that's not even mentioning the Main Stage

Originally posted by Paulscoconutass:

Last Years Concrete Jungle

-Funeral For A Friend

-Boy Sets Fire

-Turbonegro

-Alkaline Trio

-Pennywise

Caught all them at Concrete Jungle last year and was really impressed with them all - with The Used, Finch, LTJ etc. on the main stage (and not mentioning the bands on Concrete etc.that I missed) it was a pretty damn rocking lineup in my opinion. Here's hoping that this year's the same :D

Originally posted by Jonny Lucifer:

The White Stripes are NOT a festival headlining band, no matter how many records they've sold.

They're rocking live but not the kind of band I'd pick to finish things off. Second from the top of the bill I can see but not topping it. Whaurs AC/DC as the rumours said eh?

Originally posted by Jonny Lucifer:

The White Stripes are NOT a festival headlining band, no matter how many records they've sold.

Agreed. I am a bit of a White Stripes fan and their older bluesy stuff is top quality, but they dont have that headlining band vibe as far as a major festival is concerned. Maybe its cause their not really about big, anthemic type songs, but they definitelly don't have the right sound. On a positive note, their not Coldplay.

There's no doubt a huge crowd will go to see them but it's just that the two of them are usually sorta squashed in the middle of the stage and it just doesn't seem like a headlining act. If it was one of the other stages then cool but the main stage for me needs that little bit extra like some pyro or loads of charisma or something :)