aberdeen-music

Ugly Duckling

Alvin Starclusk

Originally posted by psydoll:

I just came on here to post and see if anyone was going - even if I have to go on my own I shall be there as they fecking rule! :D

If there was a way that I could get to Aberdeen tonight, I would. They were superb. Take lots of money with you, sadly I missed out on Pigeon John's album tonight, because I didn't have enough cash, but I've got it on order from Amazon. Just discovered from his website that he's on the Project Gotham Racing soundtrack, gonna fire that up just now and see what he sounds like recorded...

Did they open with 'Opening Act'? It's something I've been wondering for a while and is it just Pigeon John supporting? Plenty of merchandise on sale I take it with the take lots of money thang. Unless you're a budding mugger with a photo of me ;)

There's a fairly awful Swedish band before Pigeon John, who do Opening Act as their last song. LOADS of merch, and sadly I won't be in Aberdeen to mug you...

Only disappointments were the lack of Journey To Anywhere and Energy Drink in their set.

Can you remember the name of said terrible act? Pretty lame covering songs by the headliners at their gig but I guess it's kinda appropriate. There's always some good songs left out I s'pose (especially with quality like UD) and I'll have a thorough look at the merch - cheers for all the info. :)

Nice listening to list btw - shame Four Tet's not playing Aberdeen this year for Triptych.

Four Tet played Adeen last year - not that many folk turned out though. He is a nice guy as I stood on his toes twice while we were watching James Yorkson and he never complained...

Originally posted by ragudave:

Four Tet played Adeen last year - not that many folk turned out though. He is a nice guy as I stood on his toes twice while we were watching James Yorkson and he never complained...

I was appaulled at the lack of people there. Actually no I wasn't. Looking back I am quite glad. While ugly duckling was sheer class last night the one thing that spoiled it was kef being far too small. Intimate my arse, there were far too many people there. The big bastard in the red shirt who downed the meatshake deserves to be ravaged by many pigeons. "hello, you're twice my height and 3 times my weight, would you mind not putting all of your weight onto my pathetic shoulders." Annoyed by the rebuke he took his anger out by thrusting into my ass for the rest of the night. I'm not entirely sure if I lost some form of virginity last night.

Pete the cow was a star.