aberdeen-music

Film Four - Free To Air from July 23th

JaseyBoi

http://www.channel4sales.com/news/news-article.aspx?year=2006&id=21

Channel 4 has today confirmed that it is to relaunch FilmFour as the UK’s only major free-to-air film channel, available at no cost to every digital TV home in the country from July.

The channel will launch on Freeview for the first time, but will also be on offer to all cable and satellite viewers without the need to pay a monthly subscription. On digital satellite, the FilmFour channel will be available to freesat viewers as well as Sky digital customers.

The new FilmFour channel will be available in a forecast 18 million homes by the end of 2006, compared to the 300,000 plus subscribers who currently pay up to £7 a month to receive the service.

Andy Duncan, Channel 4 Chief Executive, said: “Channel 4 has a pedigree in film that is second to none amongst British broadcasters – we’ve not only showcased the best films on Channel 4 and FilmFour, we’ve actually funded and produced many of them as well. E4 has shown the ratings gains that can be made by going free-to-air and I’m convinced that a highly distinct and desirable brand like FilmFour can also make an impact on a wider audience.”

How shit is Rocky 5?! Not really anything to do wiv Film Four - I was just checking what was on it, and on the channel down Rocky 4 is on, and its followed by Rocky 5, which made me think "How shit is Rocky 5?!" and since I was on here at the time I thought "I shall share this with the music scene of Aberdeen!"

True story.