aberdeen-music

Estrella Showcase In Glasgow

Estrella

We have managed to get a slot in the Stepping Stone A&R Showcase on the 30th July in The Cathouse Glasgow due to our EP.

This gig is for unsigned acts to perform to A&R Personnel and to a wider audience. More details can be found about Stepping Stone A&R Showcases at :

http://www.kingsonic.net/welcome.shtml

Anyone wanting to come along or if you know anyone in Glasgow that would be interested in coming along get in touch with us for tickets.

Tickets are priced at 5.

Just send an email to:

estrellarocks@aol.com

or any member of the Band.

Thanks

Estrella

Tell the truth, you're playing a pay to play sham in Glasgow and have to sell 30 tickets otherwise you'll have to pay out money to the promoter ;)

I wonder if "A&R representatives" means "mate of bloke who occassionally speaks to so and so that works in the bar at king tuts", like it normally does :)

Tell the truth' date=' you're playing a pay to play sham in Glasgow and have to sell 30 tickets otherwise you'll have to pay out money to the promoter ;)

I wonder if "A&R representatives" means "mate of bloke who occassionally speaks to so and so that works in the bar at king tuts", like it normally does :)[/quote']

If they're lucky!! Scam! Nae music industry folk! Fruitless!

Go do some research before signing up for everything chaps!

Good luck and all that. I know Estrella get a hard time of it on here but you guys, Estrella, don't need to play showcase gigs, just send along a 'Best of Cheesey Cock Rock' album from the 80's. Your music, I'm afraid, is an easy target for bored fingers! I will add to this that you sound like a realy talented bunch of guys playing, IMO, crap pointless music! Sorry coz I'm sure you are lovely chaps and all that.

(Can you tell that I have removed my angry old man hat these days, so many apologies. I have been listening to Sandi Thom and gone all flower-power-hippy-punk-rocker. :laughing:

hahahahahahahaha

showcases are for knobbers

mugs game

want to get attention from a and r??

book a big uk tour, get a shiteload of tour flyers and posters sent out to every venue you are playing at, get adds in the likes of organ and the fly, let every a and r guy in trhe uk know that you are doign a 18 uk tour and that you have done this and that and this, then do it al again and again

then they will come and make their opinion within 3mins of watching you

the people that go to these showcase events on behalf of record companies are people who <b>have no power to make decisions</b> and are merely there to let people know that FAT CAT EMI PLC RECORDS are still in business

• 1 month later...
I will add to this that you sound like a realy talented bunch of guys playing' date=' IMO, crap pointless music![/quote']

It's just good fun, energetic music. It's music to party to, music to drink to, and well music in the general sense of the word. So you can keep that opinion, I on the other hand love this style of music! :up:

Andy