aberdeen-music

blink 182 album

Aileen

So I finally got myself the new album, it's really really different to what I expected, not sure I'm so keen on the more 'abstract/different' stuff, maybe it'll just take getting used to.

Have Blink turned into adults or something? I always like to think of them as like Peter Pan characters who arent ever gonna grow up, I think I like the older stuff better!!!

Having said that though, the album is fairly rockin, once you get into it!

Am I talking utter bullshit or is anyone with me on this?

I'm afraid I think it is utter poopies.

I have heard it and I don't like it, in fact I am pretty much an "only like the Enema Of the State" kinda guy...

But like you said, I think they just grew up and just kept making the music that they like so good on them for that.

I absolutely love some of the songs on the album, but some others are just a bit 'not Blink' if that makes sense, it just doesnt sound right. Not sure I'm too keen on the Robert Smith vocals on All Of This but that could just be because I LOVE the sound of Blink's vocals, I think they're awesome! Maybe it'll just take time

The album got pretty old pretty fast.....I remember when I couldn't wait to hear "I miss you", no I switch off when it comes on TV/radio.....

Bands always take a risk when they totally change style....

BAD RELIGION - Slated

FACE TO FACE - Slated (although I love their changed style, although they went back to their roots, same as bad religion)

OFFSPRING - Loved (although anyone with half a brain knows their earlier stuff is better)

BLINK - Slated (by "enema" fans)

GREEN DAY - dunno.....

Guest Scott 5FD

if you want to hear good pop-punk by Blink, listen to 'Dude Ranch'. i think it's a really good album, picked it up for 6 in One-Up ages ago.

'I Miss You' even gets played on Impulse! Radio (formerly Newsagents Live).

well personally i think that this one will be an "experimental" one. or atleast i hope it is. at first i was well shocked and angry that they could so totally change like that. but now im over it and it's cool. once you get into it its rockin'.

the best song is "stockholm syndrome". kicks ass. and paul "easy target" is THE WORST SONG BLINK HAVE EVER WRITTEN!

dude ranch rapes all blink albums.

I have to say I hate blink's older stuff(enema and before) although I like the odd songs(such as carousel,adam's song,all the small things,dammit and going away to college). I like the last two albums and think the latest one is quite good.

Favourite songs on new Album:

Obvious(is the best damn song ive heard by them)

Stockholm Syndrome

Violence

Easy Target

I've never been an out and out Blink fan but I do think they I have lost their "blink-ness" with the songs I have heard from this album. Their poppy/immature/up beat-ness was wha made blink blink. However you have to respect them for trying something new and not sticking with same old formula...shame people can't seem to say that about St Anger...