aberdeen-music

Xenophon - Saturday July 15th

Jimsin

julyxenophon.jpg

After a 12 month absence, Xenophon is back on Saturday July 15th - and subsequently on the third Saturday of each month at The Pelican Club.

Music will be varied and eclectic - but 'electro-alternative' is the pigeonhole we're running with.

Admission is £4.00, but as before we love it when people make the effort to dress up a bit - so £2.00 for the 'extravagantly attired' and a small prize for the best outfit.

Visit www.xeno-phon.co.uk for more information, galleries, previous playlists etc.

A dedicated forum will be up and running shortly, but any requests or queries are most welcome here.

jim baby' date=' i've aquired tatu doing all the things she said in russian. want it for xenophon?[/quote']

Many thanks for the offer, but I already have it (courtesy of Andy actually) ... would be a good thing to play though, either that or their song 'Robot' which always makes me laugh.

Yay! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

After all the moaning I hear about the lack of alternative nights in Aberdeen' date=' it's good to know that somebody is enthusiastic - big thanks for the encouragement :D

the tatu album has quite a few songs in russian, there's one which translates as 'gay boy' which is kinda cute too.

I can't believe I just admitted having that CD.

Haha ... I started liking the idea of Tatu the moment Richard and Judy attempted to urge parents to boycott their single. Aside from the daytime TV controversy I wasn't that impressed by their music at first, but they've grown on me since. They really murdered 'How Soon Is Now?' on that album though.

After all the moaning I hear about the lack of alternative nights in Aberdeen' date=' it's good to know that somebody is enthusiastic - big thanks for the encouragement :D

Haha ... I started liking [i'] the idea of Tatu the moment Richard and Judy attempted to urge parents to boycott their single. Aside from the daytime TV controversy I wasn't that impressed by their music at first, but they've grown on me since. They really murdered 'How Soon Is Now?' on that album though.

i have the russian language video on my myspace. tatu have also grown on me. i love 'it's all about us.' ja shosla s uma. rock!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Jim' date='

Any Chance you can play

Gravity Kills - guilty (remixes) ?

Neflim - exodus (remix) ?

Snake River Conspiracy (remix) ?

Please

DAZ[/quote']

That particular Nefilim track is maybe a bit more thrashy than what we're aiming for - but the Juno Reactor mix of 'Guilty' would work well - and we'll definitely be playing some Snake River Conspiracy. (looking forward to their new album coming out soon).

Oh, and we've succumbed to the Myspace Plague *feels dirty*

That particular Nefilim track is maybe a bit more thrashy than what we're aiming for - but the Juno Reactor mix of 'Guilty' would work well - and we'll definitely be playing some Snake River Conspiracy. (looking forward to their new album coming out soon).

Juno Reactor mix of 'Guilty' is the one i used to play upstairs in The Palace about 8 or 9years ago.

do you have?

Once in a lifetime by Wolfsheim

Special Liqiud by Scorn

Dark andgel by VNV Nation

Vulcan remix by Snake river conspiracy

I desire you by Charon

The rain within her hands by Bella Morte

Mirrors Paradise by Covenant

Daz

and yet you won't show your face at the club night at all.

Kinda hard when I'm 500 miles away, no? :p I won't be in Aberdeen for any length of time until next summer now, so....bit hard to show my face really :\

Anyway, the club night isn't my scene at all, but there's nothing wrong with hoping it's a success, right?

Oh' date=' and we've succumbed to the Myspace Plague *feels dirty*

New Snake River Conspiracy album? Where did you find this out? Last I heard the duo were finished!

New Snake River Conspiracy album? Where did you find this out? Last I heard the duo were finished!

Straight from the horse's mouth: http://www.snakeriverconspiracy.com/ - having said that - I'm sure that, I could have sworn they replaced Tobey with somebody else & they were planning on changing their sound a lot .... I really liked their sound exactly the way that it was, and Tobey was the best part - so am somewhat anxious - but will remain excited anyway :D

Kinda hard when I'm 500 miles away' date=' no? :p I won't be in Aberdeen for any length of time until next summer now, so....bit hard to show my face really :\

Anyway, the club night isn't my scene at all, but there's nothing wrong with hoping it's a success, right?[/quote']

500 miles eh ... can we pay for your taxi? :D

Many thanks for the good wishes - they are extremely welcome!

Juno Reactor mix of 'Guilty' is the one i used to play upstairs in The Palace about 8 or 9years ago.

do you have?

Once in a lifetime by Wolfsheim

Special Liqiud by Scorn

Dark andgel by VNV Nation

Vulcan remix by Snake river conspiracy

I desire you by Charon

The rain within her hands by Bella Morte

Mirrors Paradise by Covenant

Daz

Plenty requests there Daz :) I always associate the likes of Wolfsheim / VNV / Covenant etc. with Elizium (although they'll probably kill me for saying that) - but will certainly have them with me, and play them if people will dance.

SRC Vulcan is a must!

Essentially we'd be keen on most 'alternative' music if people will dance - just want to get away from the really commercial stuff you hear all the time.

Straight from the horse's mouth: http://www.snakeriverconspiracy.com/ - having said that - I'm sure that' date=' I could have sworn they replaced Tobey with somebody else & they were planning on changing their sound a lot .... I really liked their sound exactly the way that it was, and Tobey was the best part - so am somewhat anxious - but will remain excited anyway :D[/quote']

I hope they don't change too much, but I am quite excited by the prospect of the new album.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Mr Jimsim will fix sit,

Could you fix it for me to hear the following tunes on Saturday at Zenephon at the Pelican?

* Pretty Boy Floyd Vs. Razed In Black - Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love *

* Down Boys (Razed in Black Remix) *

* She's Tight (Razed In Black Remix) *

* Icon Of Coil - Dead Enough For Life*

* Icon Of Coil - Pursuit *

merci

Daz