aberdeen-music

World Politics forum?

Guest pop-notmyface

Guest pop-notmyface

i was wondering if there will ever be a politics forum? that would be a way of seperating senseless discussions from the real deal.

just a thought.

No chance. Why?

1. The Wasteland forum already exists for all off-topic discussion.

2. There are very few threads started on this web site regarding World Politics that could be moved to such a forum if it existed.

3. The purpose of this web site is not to discuss politics. It is to discuss the local music scene of Aberdeen, Scotland.

i like the idea of a politics forum but i think like most political ideals the idea is better than the reality. the only advantage is that it might prevent people hijacking well meaning threads to stir some shit up. but neil's reasons for not having one seem fair.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by daveofficer:

i like the idea of a politics forum but i think like most political ideals the idea is better than the reality. the only advantage is that it might prevent people hijacking well meaning threads to stir some shit up. but neil's reasons for not having one seem fair.

I agree, the only way it would be able to work would require certain fascist powers being given to a moderator who would have the lovely job of sorting out 'serious' posts, deleting posts ruining the topic, while at the same time accounting for the fact that some people, while clearly uninformed, are still entitle to their opinions.

I also agree with Neil's reasons, but I think there are far more pointless, and underused forums that already exist.

Also, songs ohia are genius.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Dark Knight

Most forum sites that started off with one specific goal in mind usually end up with a million other forums to cater for their users.

Looks like this isn't one of them.

oh well, no WWE forum then! :p

Could we maybe have a Batman forum at least?? Or even just a comic books one....I'm not biased (actually that's a lie, let's just have a Batman one!)

ps post may not be entirely without sarcasm.