aberdeen-music

butthole surfers

lepeep

so, who's a fan? and what's yer fave LP?

I've recently found my old vynil (stuck in my mums loft for about 5 years!)...and I've pulled out some amazing tracks / lp's I'd forgotten about...needless to say, all the butties LP's are there...I'd re-listened to rembrand pussyhorse, and thought it was fantastic, creep in the cellar is amazing on headphones...

anyway, my top 3 list would have to be :

1. Locust Abortion Technitian (USSA / USR, 22 going on 23 and of course, kuntz)

2. hairway to steven (john e smoke)

3. Psychic powerless, another mans sack. (lady sniff!)

shame they really went downhill around independant worm saloon....

anyway, butties fans, discuss...

They were fucking ace!

"Locust Abortion Technician" is definately the best.

Completely fucking mental live band as well - the sight of Gibby Haynes pulling his cock out and flapping it about still haunts me over a decade later..........

I saw them at reading, and Gibby Haynes dropped into a rant about "those fucking scotch asshole Therapy?".... ho ho....scotch ?...aye, that's right mr Haynes...fantastic musicians.

Guest Phantomsmasher

I've only got ''Locust Abortion Technitian''. I remember first hearing it years ago, when I wasn't anywhere near sober, it freaked the hell out of me. Brilliant band.

I saw them at reading' date=' and Gibby Haynes dropped into a rant about "those fucking scotch asshole Therapy?".... ho ho....scotch ?...aye, that's right mr Haynes...fantastic musicians.[/quote']

He he, i was there too! Second row from the front - that's when I had the misfortune of seeing Gibby flash his bits. I'd forgot about the Therapy? rant - great stuff!

I've only got ''Locust Abortion Technitian''. I remember first hearing it years ago' date=' when I wasn't anywhere near sober, it freaked the hell out of me. Brilliant band.[/quote']

The opening to "Sweet Loaf" is fucking amazing.....

"Daddy, what does regret mean?"

"Well son, the funny thing about regret is,It's better to regret something you have done,

Than to regret something you haven't done. And by the way, if you see your mom this weekend, Be sure and tell her, SATAN, SATAN, SATAN!!!"

Guest bluesxman

I've only got Independent Worm Saloon, bought it after hearing Dust Devil on Beavis and Butthead! Still an ace song. As is Who Was In My Room?

Locust Abortion Technican my favourite by far (yup, 22 going 23 especially).

Not heard it for years but I also remember liking Rembrandt Pussyhorse as well.

Never really got into Hairway or anything else afterwards. I kinda went off the Buttholes after hearing the tales from Blast First staff about their 'antics' to try and get more money. Not big or clever (wooh, freudian slip I typed 'cleaver' first. Wrong coz I heard it was a hammer!)

• 3 weeks later...