aberdeen-music

Hi! Barry Scott here!

For those of you who don't know who Barry Scott is, I'm talking about the 'celebrity' that's the face of Cillit Bang. I'm considering going on a crusade to discover who Barry Scott actually is. The thing that annoys me is the way he proclaims "HI! BARRY SCOTT HERE!" (notice the capitals - he just can't speak normally and seems to have just one volume AKA shouting). He says his name as if you would go 'Oh! Barry Scott! I remember him...he's great! What's that he's promoting? Oh I must buy some'. I have no clue whatsoever who the fuck he is.

I feel that I must take this opportunity to confess that I did buy some Cillit Bang when it first came out just so I could look at "what it does to a penny". Unfortunately I didn't have a lump of calcium handy so couldn't re-enact the whole advert but the penny trick wasn't even that good. This me feeling cheated and somewhat bewildered at what I assumed would be my new favourite cleaning product (please note - I'm not sure I had an old favourite).

Possibly the most annoying thing about Barry (I feel we're now on first name terms) is his inablity to just talk. Maybe he thinks that shouting will make you take notice of his latest 'cleaning sensation' or maybe he was in an accident resulting in a problem with his vocal chords which means that he only has one volume. Either way it's really fucking annoying. I used to think that maybe the whole advert was just loud, and he wasn't actually shouting. This illusion was also shattered when his all new yellow Cillit Bang advert came out, featuring 'Sue' or some equally-generic named woman. You can almost see the poor woman flinching as Big Bazza bawls in her ear about what it can do to your drains and she replies at a normal level of decibels. There's a look in her eye that tells me that every time he speaks she thinks 'Hmm...do you think if I kill him and cut him up Cillit Bang will fully disolve his body?'.

Basically he's annoys the fuck out of me...but maybe it's just because I don't understand him. So if anyone could shed some light on the subject then I would be most grateful and may be able to start sleeping at night again. Or even just share your Cillit Bang experiences. Give as little or as much as you can.

p.s. I wonder if when he phones someone and they say hello he shouts down the phone "HI! BARRY SCOTT HERE!!!!"

barry scotts great. love the new ad where he runs in saying "OH YES ITS ME AGAIN!" and i like the bit where he reminds us about NEW universal degreaser and it cuts to a scene of barry wearing a yellow apron, cleaning a hob and looking really pleased with himself. if you look at the side of a cillit bang bottle it says its not suitable to clean copper which kinda pisses all over barry's "old favourite" penny cleaning trick.

**BREAKING (BUT SAD) BARRY NEWS**

I regret to inform everyone that Barry Scott is indeed a made-up person. Apparently his 'real' name is Neil Burgess. He is an 'actor' and appeared in a video by ex-Westlifer Bryan/Brian McFadden http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSI5LnIhLNw. A particular highlight is when Barry/Neil and Bryan are having a heated argument (1min30secs). If you can lip-read you can actually see Barry/Neil saying "Cillit Bang is the best" and then Bryan says "Well, sorry to disagree but I prefer Cif". Brian then throws the vase of flowers off the wall and says "Clean that up ye diddy".

Sad news, I'm sure you'll all agree

**BREAKING (BUT SAD) BARRY NEWS**

I regret to inform everyone that Barry Scott is indeed a made-up person. Apparently his 'real' name is Neil Burgess. He is an 'actor' and appeared in a video by ex-Westlifer Bryan/Brian McFadden http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSI5LnIhLNw. A particular highlight is when Barry/Neil and Bryan are having a heated argument (1min30secs). If you can lip-read you can actually see Barry/Neil saying "Cillit Bang is the best" and then Bryan says "Well' date=' sorry to disagree but I prefer Cif". Brian then throws the vase of flowers off the wall and says "Clean that up ye diddy".

Sad news, I'm sure you'll all agree[/quote']

Not really.

My opinion on Barry has recently gone downhill for numerous reasons including:-

- the fact he isn't real

- that he is a crude marketing ploy

- that the company who created him have been going about leaving insensitive comments on blogs/forums/messageboards etc.

- the penny trick isn't even really that impressive

- the fact he was in a Brian McFadden video

- that he still feels the need to shout