aberdeen-music

Primal Scream to play Music Hall

Thoughts on last night?

That was about the 7th or 8th time I've seen Primal Scream in the last 13 years - first time being when they headlined Reading in 1993 or 94 - and I thought they were just ok, to be honest.

Can't fault the length of the set - 1 hour 45 mins nearly - but the set list wasn't particulary heavy on oldies - only Damaged, Rocks, Movin on Up and Jailbird from the pre-Vanishing Point era. In fact, i think they only played kowalski and Kill All Hippies from Vanishing Point if I remember correctly.

Nowadays they remind me of themselves 13 years ago as well - less dance influence and a more straight ahead rock n' roll direction.

Crowd took a while to get going as well - the crush in the bar was worse then in front of the stage at one point. There were also a lot of people that seemed to arrive late - at half 9, 30 mins into the set there were still people pushing to the front. Quite a mix of a crowd as well - less neds there than I expected and a lot more 30 / 40-something "old Skool" Scream crowd.

Wasn't impressed by The View - sound was awful for a start but they were also nothing special, just another post-Libertines faceless indie schmindie band.

Actually, I realise now what was missing for me... BRING BACK KEVIN SHEILDS!!!

That's the 16th team I've seen the Scream. They were good but the sound and the crowd were poor. Quite a few folk just there to hear Country Girl! Good bounce down the front though.

I'm fairly sure this was the set list:

Movin' On Up

Rise

Jailbird

Shoot Speed / Kill Light

Suicide Sally & Johnny Guitar

Kill All Hippies

Burning Wheel

When The Bomb Drops

The 99th Floor

Medication

Kowalski

Swastika Eyes

Country Girl

Rocks

Encore 1:

Damaged

What Goes On - Velvets cover

Dolls

Accelerator

Encore 2:

Sick City

Skull X

That's the 16th team I've seen the Scream. They were good but the sound and the crowd were poor. Quite a few folk just there to hear Country Girl! Good bounce down the front though.

I'm fairly sure this was the set list:

Movin' On Up

Rise

Jailbird

Shoot Speed / Kill Light

Suicide Sally & Johnny Guitar

Kill All Hippies

Burning Wheel

When The Bomb Drops

The 99th Floor

Medication

Kowalski

Swastika Eyes

Country Girl

Rocks

Encore 1:

Damaged

What Goes On - Velvets cover

Dolls

Accelerator

Encore 2:

Sick City

Skull X

That's a pretty good setlist actually...

• 4 months later...