aberdeen-music

Just wondered if anyone has heard of the band Nightwish?

Guest The Dark Knight

Guest The Dark Knight

I just discovered them after their music was used for a video clip (can't quite remember what of tho) and I thought it was so cool I had to check them out.

Their songs are just fucking ace! They're a finnish Goth/Metal band that show Evanescence how it's done.

Very good and definitely worth checking out the songs;

Crownless, Dead Boy's Poem, 10th Man Down and the Gary Moore cover Over The Hills and Far Away!

Excellent! :rockon:

Originally posted by Demon_Of_The_Fall:

lol she doesnt look like that normaly, only a matter of time before aberdeens biggest Nightwish fan Michael Forbes (yes i know who you are) posts sommit about them :)

;( how did you know i was on here? i nearly fainted before realising just who you were..when did you join? and more importantly, you're damned right about being a big Nightwish fan. I'm going to the next gig that they play here, without a shadow of a doubt :)

Nightwish bloody well rock, nothing beats driving down Union Street while playing End of All Hope and singing it at the top of your voice at scared looking people on the street :D

I don't really have a favourite album because there's good songs on everything, hence why From Wishes To Eternity rules because it's almost a perfect setlist..Tony Kakko (of Sonata Arctica fame, yet another band that people should check out) and Tarja doing Beauty And The Beast is amazing.

The Kinslayer rules for being downright evil, Roll Tide (the live cross between Crimson Tide and Deep Blue Sea) is just downright fantastic..I could go on all night...Oceanborn and Wishmaster are probably the two most accessible albums, though.

Once is supposedly going to be the final transition towards an album that sounds almost like a movie score, I can't wait.. :D

http://www.spinefarm.fi/press/spinefarm/nw2004/index.html < look. yum. give. now.