aberdeen-music

aberdeen DIY metal/hxc fans, support the scene!!!

totally short notice but im going to stick on TRAINWRECK (brutal, relentless DIY hardcore from germany ex eaves + engrave) and CEASE UPON THE CAPITOL (briliant spazzy screamo usa - similar to RAEIN, ENVY) to play up here on thursday 25th may, probably in the east neuk.

oh, have a listen

www.myspace.com/trainwreck5

www.myspace.com/ceaseuponthecapitol

a bit good i think

in general, the DIY scene in aberdeen needs a big fucking boot up the arse, please get involved. come have a good time and listen to ace music, get inspired then go away and form good bands that i can stick on as supports at future shows.

COME TO THESE SHOWS AND IT MEANS I CAN DO MORE, IF THEY ARE NOT SUPPORTED THEY WONT HAPPEN.

hopefully this means something to some of you

cheers

sorry, these bands are on tour, i dont get to choose what night they come abnd play in some little greay city :)

at the end of the day, you either make it out during the week to support these gigs or you dont, the people who dont are generally the same people who whinge about nothing good happening here (i know you live outta town and im not digging at you lee)

as said before, if people dont support these gigs they will cease to happen - simple as that

sorry' date=' these bands are on tour, i dont get to choose what night they come abnd play in some little greay city :)

at the end of the day, you either make it out during the week to support these gigs or you dont, the people who dont are generally the same people who whinge about nothing good happening here (i know you live outta town and im not digging at you lee)

as said before, if people dont support these gigs they will cease to happen - simple as that[/quote']

its cool. no b33f. heheh.

i actually cant go to hardly any mid week gigs anymore cos im on a written warning now :(

will be at molia falls next wkend tho. :up:

its all go

project ven hell will be one of the supports

ill have posters and flyers ready soon' date=' if anyone can help with any kind of flyering at unis/colleges/places of interest please get in touch.[/quote']

This looks like a bit of a beezer :D should definately make it along, maxi we'l take flyers/posters off you for the GFN? route, give us a shout when they're made.

Kaddish are fucking rubbish too' date=' so feet up, wine out, and avoid![/quote']

Dunno Scorge. I havent heard them to be honest. Im trying to get the point across that I would love to attend this gig (like tonights gig put on by Teabag) but I refuse to do anything to support Maxi, who, just because he doesnt like my band, will try and belittle/shit on us.

I also refuse to stoop down to taking the piss out of Maxi's gigs, I really dont see the point.

Dunno Scorge. I havent heard them to be honest.

We played a gig with them, you may have been lucky and went home before they came on, though!

I'm past giving two shits about who promotes what, if R(ank)F(ucking)R(otten) Promotions stuck The Blue Nile on at Fortress Weep, I'd still go because of the band that are playing, and not solely for the benefit any cunt who put the show on.....

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Dunno Scorge. I havent heard them to be honest. Im trying to get the point across that I would love to attend this gig (like tonights gig put on by Teabag) but I refuse to do anything to support Maxi' date=' who, just because he doesnt like my band, will try and belittle/shit on us.

I also refuse to stoop down to taking the piss out of Maxi's gigs, I really dont see the point.[/quote']

Careful you don't end up cutting your nose off to spite your face, comrade. Are you honestly bothered by folk not liking your band(s)? You're in SPD, for fuck's sake! Doesn't matter a jot who likes/dislikes E106, long as you guys are into your own stuff, but a boycott won't achieve jack, and you might end up fucking your chances of being offered a gig further down the line. No cunt asks us for a gig as it is, don't make it worse!

I'll try and pop along to this gig. The bands aren't my cup of tea, but I like what Maxi's trying to do and it should be encouraged.

Careful you don't end up cutting your nose off to spite your face' date=' comrade. Are you honestly bothered by folk not liking your band(s)? You're in SPD, for fuck's sake! Doesn't matter a jot who likes/dislikes E106, long as you guys are into your own stuff, but a boycott won't achieve jack, and you might end up fucking your chances of being offered a gig further down the line. No cunt asks us for a gig as it is, don't make it worse!

I'll try and pop along to this gig. The bands aren't my cup of tea, but I like what Maxi's trying to do and it should be encouraged.[/quote']

Dont get me wrong Jake, I really dont care if Maxi likes/dislikes E106. He actually boycotts our forum and does anything he can to belittle us. I dont care, as far as Im concerned Maxi can go and fuck himself. He should spend his time promoting his gigs rather than burning bridges with people.