aberdeen-music

Tunnels last night - the rebel, 1990s....

Shaki

Did anyone go to this last night at The Tunnels and if so what did you make of the first act (The Rebel)? I thought they were dreadful. I'm all for something different but it's got to be listenable too! The fact the female drummer was semi-good looking only briefly glossed over the fact the guy couldn't sing and their songs were boring....

Thought the 1990s were alright, the bass player looked delighted by the whole affair.

Didn't stay for the Long Blondes because I didn't like their clothes and I have to work on public holidays.....and look at all the work I'm doing!

Did anyone go to this last night at The Tunnels and if so what did you make of the first act (The Rebel)? I thought they were dreadful.

I thought they were the best band on the night....sorely tempted to get their LP if it wasn't for a lack of funds. It was new and challenging, something that certainly got

the thumbs up from me.

The 1990s were awful, the biggest pile of wank i've seen on stage for a long time.

Long Blondes were alright, didn't blow me away or anything. Hot singer though ;)

the rebel had about 3 songs that i thought were ok, but the rest were not great. 1990's were the the worst band ever. Not a good song to be heard. Long blondes were superb. Great songs and a great act to watch. The guitarist took a stage dive at the end which made it a great end to the night. They Were well worth waiting for through the 1990's set to see.

I saw 1990s supporting Franz and their sound just didn't work in the AECC (but what does?)

I thought they were great at the Tunnels though, very suprised by it. The new singles ace in a Stones / Clash kinda way.

Long Blondes were the best I've seen all year - and the first time I've seen a decent crowd at the Tunnels...maybe that's just been my choice of gigs to go to.

The Rebel were ok for a while but the guy really is an atrocious singer. Naturally he will believe in what he does, but that doesn't mean I have to listen to it.

• 2 weeks later...
I saw 1990s supporting Franz and their sound just didn't work in the AECC (but what does?)

I thought they were great at the Tunnels though' date=' very suprised by it. The new singles ace in a Stones / Clash kinda way.

Long Blondes were the best I've seen all year - and the first time I've seen a decent crowd at the Tunnels...maybe that's just been my choice of gigs to go to.

The Rebel were ok for a while but the guy really is an atrocious singer. Naturally he will believe in what he does, but that doesn't mean I have to listen to it.[/quote']

I know I'm late but I wanted to put in a hooray for The Rebel, whom I for one (I think I was the only one) thought interesting enough to buy one of their albums - never heard or heard of them before - but I liked the Captain Beefheart dissonance and wacky lyrics.

1990s had a talented guitarist IMHO and they were a bit sloppy but still glad I saw them.

I reckon LBs are fine all round.