aberdeen-music

Obtaining gigs in southern parts

kallan

I wouldn't gig out of Aberdeen until you're asked, I did this in most my early bands and it paid off as it meant we were playing to a crowd who were into it. If you just take any old shit gig on a tuesday night in some social club you'll no doubt be posting on here about how shit whichever city it was is.

yeah maybe. i also might die before we ever get asked... i agree theres no point playing to a couple of people who are even less interested in your music than folks at home... tricky one, but i figured there might be some central belt venues that would be kind of suitable and its just a matter of finding them and speaking to them - just like it works here in aberdeen.

cheers

I wouldn't gig out of Aberdeen until you're asked' date=' I did this in most my early bands and it paid off as it meant we were playing to a crowd who were into it. If you just take any old shit gig on a tuesday night in some social club you'll no doubt be posting on here about how shit whichever city it was is.[/quote']

I wouldn't gig out of Aberdeen until you're asked' date=' I did this in most my early bands and it paid off as it meant we were playing to a crowd who were into it. If you just take any old shit gig on a tuesday night in some social club you'll no doubt be posting on here about how shit whichever city it was is.[/quote']

Bullshit to the not playing out of Aberdeen until you're asked argument. As for the posting shit about playing in a city if the gig wasn't well attended, The only way I can see someone doing that is if they are ignorant and don't understand the meaning of the word reason.