aberdeen-music

Query.....

Alkaline

Right, a bit stumped on this one. Why you may ask? but i am confused as to the concept.

Firstly whats the average weight of a normal fecal deposit for a human being.

Secondly if you were to weigh yourself before taking a shit and then again after taking a shit in relation to the weight of said feces does that mean when you depsoit said fecal matter you lose that amount of weight. If not, why not?

I feel an experiment coming on...

Any ideas??

Guest Hon Jonda
Right' date=' a bit stumped on this one. Why you may ask? but i am confused as to the concept.

Secondly if you were to weigh yourself before taking a shit and then again after taking a shit in relation to the weight of said feces does that mean when you depsoit said fecal matter you lose that amount of weight. If not, why not?

I feel an experiment coming on...

Any ideas??[/quote']

This varies

You would lose the amount of weight

Not wishing to be blunt but are you thick?? Averages don't vary' date=' they are designed to encompass all variants and give you an 'average' of a cross section of something??

And according to some medical references the second part is unproven. Thats why i was asking....[/quote']

Actually he's right: it varies from country to country. As does er... frequency.

Eg. In the UK average is 100-200g per day.

In India it's 300g/day

In Uganda it's as much as 470g/day

Lovely topic of discussion...

Actually it varies from country to country. As does er... frequency.

Eg. In the UK average is 100-200g per day.

In India it's 300g/day

In Uganda it's as much as 470g/day

Lovely topic of discussion...

I know shit weight varies in average form from country to country, i'm not stupid. You've missed the point. An average as a number doesn't vary its a collection of data where all the data in the field is pooled and a mean is taken. Thats what i was asking i didn't ask for an individual country's average shite weight, i asked for the average human shit weight, which would be an average of all of those. Sorry to be such a pedant but i know what i was asking :p

Interesting figures though :)

I seriously doubt you'll find a global average Phil...

And if there is a global average it wouldn't exactly carry much weight (no pun intended) as a proper average given the hugely wide spectrum across developing through to developed countries...

Another shit figure from the same lecture... in the West average frequency is once a day, where 3 times/day can be considered diarrhoea... whereas in Senegal average frequency is twice a day, with once a day being considered constipated.

eureka can method? fill a container to the brim with water' date=' and enclose it in a bigger container. then dunk your head in the container, and measure the weight of the water you have displaced.[/quote']

Erm... Won't that just tell you the weight of the equivalent amount of water to the size of your head? A head shaped mass of water wouldn't weigh the same as a head shaped mass of bone, blood, skin teeth etc., would it?

Erm... Won't that just tell you the weight of the equivalent amount of water to the size of your head? A head shaped mass of water wouldn't weigh the same as a head shaped mass of bone' date=' blood, skin teeth etc., would it?[/quote']

I knew you weren't really a drummer.

Volume=mass/density, in other words.