aberdeen-music

Dan Against the World on Myspace

Ewen

Good day,

If anybody's interested in some noisy pop music with a difference, then check out Dan Against the World on myspace:

www.myspace.com/danagainsttheworld

or

www.danagainsttheworld.com

Our music doesnt really buy into any of the current fashions or trends but it's something slightly different that some of you may (or may not) enjoy. We play music which is influenced by the vocals of the Beach Boys and by noisy guitar bands such as The Pixies and early Weezer.

We have recently recorded at Chem19 Studios in Hamilton and you can buy our new EP, entitled As the Kitchen Sinks, from the link on our myspace page. The two songs that you will find on the page are taken from the new record.

For further information, or to book us, please send any email to mail@danagainsttheworld.com

Hope you enjoy!

Ewen.

thats just fucking rude, if you don't like it fair enough, no music can be to everyones taste, but if it means nothing to you, why take the time and effort to post an insult? obviously you get your kicks out of insulting people from behind your monitor, tough guy, well enjoy it, now we know, we can take your opinions with a pinch of salt and shove it up your arse (cyber arse that is). Goodnight little 14 year old.

thats just fucking rude' date=' if you don't like it fair enough, no music can be to everyones taste, but if it means nothing to you, why take the time and effort to post an insult? obviously you get your kicks out of insulting people from behind your monitor, tough guy, well enjoy it, now we know, we can take your opinions with a pinch of salt and shove it up your arse (cyber arse that is). Goodnight little 14 year old.[/quote']

Who's the one being rude? This is the Feedback Forum, which means anyone posting something here is looking for comments, whether they're good or bad. Saying you don't like something because you find it boring is still being constructive. I didn't see anything offensive in the Kernel Loafs post. Yours, however...

I dunno, I think it's pretty cool. Need to watch the high vocal in the first song as I think it is going out of tune a bitty. Either that or the harmony doesn't work... do you go to a minor in the guitar part or something and stay on the major with the vocal? Go back and listen to that again, it's really bugging me. (I think the highest note of the song is never really "hit" either)

Overall, it's good though. The second track maybe more so.

I dunno' date=' I think it's pretty cool. Need to watch the high vocal in the first song as I think it is going out of tune a bitty. Either that or the harmony doesn't work... do you go to a minor in the guitar part or something and stay on the major with the vocal? Go back and listen to that again, it's really bugging me. (I think the highest note of the song is never really "hit" either)

Overall, it's good though. The second track maybe more so.[/quote']

For the record I like it too. And there is definitely a fluffed high note in the harmony line at the end of the first verse, 40 secs in. It's OK the second time round though.

EDIT: Don't like the second song though. It has no natural flow, just sounds like a procession of chords with no melody to weave them together.

You bought a domain name just to link to myspace?

Seems a bit pointless. :p

As for the tunes' date=' I didn't think much of them. Fairly generic, nothing new, and uninspiring. Perhaps you are still trying to find your sound (hopefully), because it bores the shit out of me.[/quote']

thats not constructive it's harsh

Re-directing it to our myspace is just a temporary measure as our previous site was taken down due a change of line-up. Our new site is currently under construction. We've just booked a date for our end of July tour at a venue with Fiction/Action and the excellent Stirling based instrumental quintet Site of Future Rome. Details to follow!

thats just fucking rude' date=' if you don't like it fair enough, no music can be to everyones taste, but if it means nothing to you, why take the time and effort to post an insult? obviously you get your kicks out of insulting people from behind your monitor, tough guy, well enjoy it, now we know, we can take your opinions with a pinch of salt and shove it up your arse (cyber arse that is). Goodnight little 14 year old.[/quote']

Why ask for my opinion if they (or you) can't handle it?

And I don't deem me finding their music boring an offense at all. The music was meant to entertain me, and it didn't, so I said what I thought of it.

Boring = needs something else to make it enjoyable = constructive comment. 'Ewan' said that their music was "slightly different", which I disagree with. I think they sound fairly cliché.