(Cocteau Twins)

presents

Lumiere Live

Picturehouse Summer Tour 2006

Fri 2 June - The Belmont Picturehouse

49 Belmont Street

Aberdeen AB10 1JS

01224 343536

Lumiere is an hour-long animated film created as a backdrop to a sublime collection of stunningly atmospheric guitar-based instrumentals of truly hypnotic beauty.

It has been exhaustively assembled with the same craft which Robin has used in the sonic world for years, an interweaving and layering of images, creating distinct moods which are reflected by the music being played - "improvised within the framework; dictated by the visuals", relying on layers of treated guitars, textures and sumptuously cyclic melodies

As the founder member of the seminal Cocteau Twins, Robin Guthrie has created some of the most beautiful music of the past two decades and is widely regarded as a musical visionary. The distinctive sonic landscapes that have become his trademark are on display throughout Lumiere and his many admirers will find much that they recognise and love.

The performance draws musically from Imperial, the acclaimed instrumental album he released in 2004, as well his recent soundtrack to Gregg Araki's award-winning film Mysterious Skin. The performance will also include some new material from his forthcoming LP Continental.

This sounds like a cool event. Found this online today.

• 1 month later...
Nice. Ambient. Not particularly well attended. Did The Picturehouses promote it at all? He was nice to the customers (well this one anyway). 40minutes late in starting' date=' maybe he has some cause for complaint.[/quote']

from what i heard if it was late in starting it was due to him not the staff.

good to hear he wasn't all bad though.

Guest Donald

It was late in starting due to the fact that none of the five discs he'd brought with him actually worked without skipping so new ones had to be burnt etc.

Nice. Ambient. Not particularly well attended. Did The Picturehouses promote it at all? He was nice to the customers (well this one anyway). 40minutes late in starting' date=' maybe he has some cause for complaint.[/quote']

I'm pretty sure that the price maybe came into it, theres a few people I spoke to who would have gone had it been cheaper.

Guest Donald
Not the best value evening I've been to for sure.

Yeah I'd agree with that. Unfortunately the price had to be that high due to the ridiculously high guarantee he was asking for (and I can't remember how much it was but it was way too much for what he was doing)