Peaches – The Teaches of Peaches

Pink Flag – Wire

Crass - Stations of the Crass

Prayers on Fire - The Birthday Party

Entertainment – Gang of Four

Rid of Me - PJ Harvey

Fever to Tell - Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Killing Joke - Killing Joke

All fine choices, and I may have featured a few of them had I gone beyond 10.

1. Blink 182 - Enema Of The State

2. The Offspring - Americana

3. Green Day - American Idiot

4. Good Charlotte - ...

5. Simple Plan - ...

6. Blink 182 - Takeoff Your Pants and Jacket

7. Sugarcult - ...

8. Fall Out Boy - ...

9. Panic at the Disco - ....

10. Avril Lavigne - ...

Dunno some of the album names...

he he...sniff sniff...I smell someone taking the piss....

I can't believe people are still arguing about what punk means.

Christ it was dead and buried years ago (I mean Selfridges are having the 30th aniversary FFS).

I can recall laughing at all the sad people still into rock'n'roll. Turned out they were only 20 years behind the times, unlike today's 'punks'. Surely they can see the irony of it all.

Now don't get me wrong punk was probably the pivotal point in my life (I was young and impressionable...) and has shaped what I have become (for better or worse).

But lists, puhlease.

I can recall laughing at all the sad people still into rock'n'roll. Turned out they were only 20 years behind the times' date=' unlike today's 'punks'. Surely they can see the irony of it all.[/quote']so if you don't like the music of "the times" you're automatically sad?

its not acceptable to like "classic" or "old" music??

fuck off.

Ironically this is one of my favourite punk songs...

Yes, that's right, punk is dead. It's just another cheap product for the consumers head. Bubblegum rock on plastic transistors, schoolboy sedition backed by big time promoters. CBS promote the Clash, but it ain't for revolution, it's just for cash. Punk became a fashion, just like hippy used to be, and it ain't got a thing to do with you or me.

Movements are systems and systems kill. Movements are expressions of the public will. Punk became a movement 'cos we all felt lost, but the leaders sold out and now we all pay the cost. Punk narcissism was social napalm. Steve Jones started doing real harm, preaching revolution, anarchy and change as he sucked from the system that had given him his name.

Well, I'm tired of staring through shit stained glass, tired of staring up a superstars arse, I've got an arse and crap and a name, I'm just waiting for my fifteen minutes fame. Steve Jones, you're napalm, if you're so pretty (vacant) why do you swarm? Patti Smith, you're napalm, you write with your hand but it's Rimbaud's arm.

And me, yes I, do I want to burn? Is there something I can learn? Do I need a business man to promote my angle? Can I resist the carrots that fame and fortune dangle? I see the velvet zippies in their bondage gear, the social elite with safety-pins in their ear, I watch and understand that it don't mean a thing, the scorpions might attack, but the systems stole the sting.

Punk is dead.

Ironically this is one of my favourite punk songs...

Yes' date=' that's right, punk is dead. It's just another cheap product for the consumers head. Bubblegum rock on plastic transistors, schoolboy sedition backed by big time promoters. CBS promote the Clash, but it ain't for revolution, it's just for cash. Punk became a fashion, just like hippy used to be, and it ain't got a thing to do with you or me.

Movements are systems and systems kill. Movements are expressions of the public will. Punk became a movement 'cos we all felt lost, but the leaders sold out and now we all pay the cost. Punk narcissism was social napalm. Steve Jones started doing real harm, preaching revolution, anarchy and change as he sucked from the system that had given him his name.

Well, I'm tired of staring through shit stained glass, tired of staring up a superstars arse, I've got an arse and crap and a name, I'm just waiting for my fifteen minutes fame. Steve Jones, you're napalm, if you're so pretty (vacant) why do you swarm? Patti Smith, you're napalm, you write with your hand but it's Rimbaud's arm.

And me, yes I, do I want to burn? Is there something I can learn? Do I need a business man to promote my angle? Can I resist the carrots that fame and fortune dangle? I see the velvet zippies in their bondage gear, the social elite with safety-pins in their ear, I watch and understand that it don't mean a thing, the scorpions might attack, but the systems stole the sting.

Punk is dead.

[/size']

indeed, that is my fav Crass song in all.

so if you don't like the music of "the times" you're automatically sad?

its not acceptable to like "classic" or "old" music??

fuck off.

Nope. If you are trying to be something that is out of time (i.e. a Ted in the 70's or a punk nowadays) then I find that a bit sad.

Who said anything about liking any music being acceptable or not?

Stop looking for a fight where it's not.

Nope. If you are trying to be something that is out of time (i.e. a Ted in the 70's or a punk nowadays) then I find that a bit sad.
Theres still tons of punks. doing the same thing they did years ago. except, now, they KEEP it underground, cos they learnt from the last lots mistakes.

Theres still tons of punks. doing the same thing they did years ago. except' date=' now, they KEEP it underground, cos they learnt from the last lots mistakes.[/quote']

I think that idea is pretty stupid...

"keeping it underground"...what does that mean?

if X amount of people get into their music, do they have to stop? or do they just ban people from hearing their music?

who in the world wants to make music, and "limit" the amount of people who listen to it? (none, I'd imagine)...

if 6 million people listened to a CD that was 100% artistically controlled by the artist, it's still underground, if no fancy producer/record company dictates what is done with the direction of the band.....

underground, overground...wombling free....

Guest bluesxman
Anywa' date=' [i']Damned, Damned, Damned is a cracking album, a perfect contrast to my usual jazz-folk-prog listening.

Try Machine Gun Etiquette next then! :up: I also find Strawberries a good one. Second album Music For Pleasure has a few good songs but sounds shit. The Black Album is patchy.

Try Machine Gun Etiquette next then! :up: I also find Strawberries a good one. Second album Music For Pleasure has a few good songs but sounds shit. The Black Album is patchy.

Two interesting things, Captain Sensible loved The Soft Machine and early Pink Floyd... I read Nick Mason produced one of their albums!?

Two interesting things' date=' Captain Sensible loved The Soft Machine and early Pink Floyd... I read Nick Mason produced one of their albums!?[/quote']

captain sensible also had a successful career in the 90's doing music for the computer game developer Sensible Software, creators of Cannon Fodder and Sensible Soccer.

captain sensible also had a successful career in the 90's doing music for the computer game developer Sensible Software' date=' creators of Cannon Fodder and Sensible Soccer.[/quote']

Ha ha Sensi Soccer was ace. Cost me numerous jobs and relationships! I had no idea the Captain was behind that. Thats quite punk. He pissed on my mates older brothers face at a gig too.

Anyway

Punk as an ideology has morphed into political rules based conformist (conforming by predictable non conforming) pile of poo. Its a hypocritical Joke.

Punk as an artform or form of expression is still around thankfully. Scarce but still pops up with different levels of subversiveness, individualism and raw creativity in the most unexpected places. The place you'll never find it is at ''punk'' gig however. Thats become like one of those Elvis tribute things. Harmless retro fun but not punk at all.

On balance Id say punk as what it stood for in 1976 is well and truly dead and buried.

Some brilliant music happened but erm, move on.....

Some of the music is good however.

Ha ha Sensi Soccer was ace. Cost me numerous jobs and relationships! I had no idea the Captain was behind that. Thats quite punk. He pissed on my mates older brothers face at a gig too.

Anyway

Punk as an ideology has morphed into political rules based conformist (conforming by predictable non conforming) pile of poo. Its a hypocritical Joke.

Punk as an artform or form of expression is still around thankfully. Scarce but still pops up with different levels of subversiveness' date=' individualism and raw creativity in the most unexpected places. The place you'll never find it is at ''punk'' gig however. Thats become like one of those Elvis tribute things. Harmless retro fun but not punk at all.

On balance Id say punk as what it stood for in 1976 is well and truly dead and buried.

Some brilliant music happened but erm, move on.....

Some of the music is good however.[/quote']

codemasters are bringing out a new version of sensible soccer at a budget price later this year. unfortunately it'll probably be gash.