aberdeen-music

Icons

Lemonade

on this topic, when you go to the list on the front and select your name and click on 'view all posts by [user]' and it comes up with the list of posts, what are the colours meant to mean next to the post title (the blue post icon and the orange post icon)? they seem to just be random and i do that to see which that threads i've posted in have new posts.

not sure if you've ever used altnation, but the control panel there differs in that it seems to automatically subscribe u to threads when u add to them, meaning that this can be used to instantly see where there are additions to threads you're participating in. is there any way of making that the case here because i can't see it in the options section.

/x

• 2 weeks later...
on this topic' date=' when you go to the list on the front and select your name and click on 'view all posts by [user']' and it comes up with the list of posts, what are the colours meant to mean next to the post title (the blue post icon and the orange post icon)? they seem to just be random and i do that to see which that threads i've posted in have new posts.

The post icons? The key for these icons is at the bottom of each forum display page. The blue icon is for regular threads while the orange icon is for "hot" threads that have had a specific number of replies. They aren't random I can assure you.

not sure if you've ever used altnation' date=' but the control panel there differs in that it seems to automatically subscribe u to threads when u add to them, meaning that this can be used to instantly see where there are additions to threads you're participating in. is there any way of making that the case here because i can't see it in the options section.

[/quote']

Yep, it's off by default but you can switch it on by going to: Options -> Control Panel -> Edit Options

Look under the Messaging & Notification section and change the Default Thread Subscription Mode how you see fit.