aberdeen-music

pure lead

owen-TFOBK

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched pure lead a good few times now at the malt mill. Every time they've entertained me. The guys have plenty talent on guitar- I think it's great to here folk playing proper solos. And they can play em good. I like the dual lead guitar. Plenty original for my liking. enjoyed there cover of Night train they did the last time I saw them. They have a maiden sound- but I have a few maiden albums and can't say I can hear anything that's been ripped off. Personally I think they're a lot more original than a lot of bands out there- and they're a great bunch of guys too. Good luck to them.

This thread is completely stupid. A few people think Pure Lead are shit... so what? A few pals think they're great... boring! Emo gets slagged off in the process, even though it has absolutely ZERO to do with it. Try and stay focused kids. And anyway... why do you need to drag Alyssa's Wish or any other Aberdeen band into this?

Quite simply, you don't. The unprovoked slagging of other musicians is hardly endearing to your cause.

Unprovoked slagging is what this topic seems to be all about. Like any band we will defend ourselves and our music and post our own opinions in the process, get over it man. Anyways, we enjoy what we do and if people don't like it then that's their opinion, but don't try and make us out to be the ones who are slagging other bands without cause. I've already said that I respect every band in Aberdeen and don't want to stoop down to stupid slagging.

Originally posted by AxlRose_PL19:

Unprovoked slagging is what this topic seems to be all about. Like any band we will defend ourselves and our music and post our own opinions in the process, get over it man. Anyways, we enjoy what we do and if people don't like it then that's their opinion, but don't try and make us out to be the ones who are slagging other bands without cause. I've already said that I respect every band in Aberdeen and don't want to stoop down to stupid slagging.

I'm not making you out to be anything. I'm only observing and commenting on the opinons that you and your mates have been giving. Stand up for yourself by all means, but don't involve third parties.

Guest DustyDeviada
Originally posted by Keira:

aw i really want to see them sometime. any gigs lined up?

Pure Lead will be playing with The Deviadas and The Void (acoustic) at the Malt Mill on the 25th.

Why not come along and decide for yourself whether or not Pure Lead are good or shit?

I think they're good, but then I own several Art Garfunkel solo albums.

In reply to bob from PoO

we wasn't singling out any aberdeen bands for needless slagging. quite the opposite as the are many aberdeen bands that have impressed me. my comments about "another grunge band etc."

was simply in reply to niel ex's posts. i didn't really understand his argument about we are just another boring classsic rock band.

we write our own songs, even though we didn't invent the style of music the tunes are original.

i was merely pointing out that this was the case for many aberdeen bands who wear thier influences on thier sleeve where you can catogorise them with other bands that are similar in style, that doesnt mean that they dont write their own stuff or are crap bands.

the feeling i got from neil ex was that we have no input into our own songs and rip people off. that is shite

pure lead are also playing at Drummonds Rock Night 4 at Drummonds

Guest DustyDeviada
Originally posted by youcantseeme:

Oi! Dusty Devidada... You dont have a scooby! The void..... what can you say about them......... just AWESOME, lol. I have seen pure lead far too many times already and they are well... pure shite. Now.. on to the devidadas.. nae offense but your just plain boring.

Ah, but we are going for a boring effect, so I take that as a compliment.

Are you in a band?

Originally posted by smitty:

i didn't really understand his argument about we are just another boring classsic rock band.

we write our own songs, even though we didn't invent the style of music the tunes are original

Did you ever consider the possibility he was just stirring shite?

Guest ForbiddenFruitcake

forums are very funny. so much so, i occasionally laugh at them. that surely means they are very funny. bill, you are the man with all the wisdom

hehe, and pretty hair, but thats not the point

*concentrate*

Fearsome Duck does not understand why you quarell? He sees many people say they do not like this but the like this, or they do not like that but like stale bread. This confuses Fearsome Duck.

Surely all feeble humon-kind music is equally bad? Not until you can appreciate the musical angst of the oppressed duckling can you call yourself a musician.

Fearsome Duck hopes you will learn.