aberdeen-music

pure lead

owen-TFOBK

Guest DustyDeviada
Originally posted by Keira:

uhmmmmmmmmmm, a little "birdie" tells me you might be pulling out of the gig or something...? c'mon. clear up the mess.

Who and which gig?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wasn't even drunk as i had my car. Still managed to fall over though.

cheers for the feedback guys, loved you lot as well.

Void - great songs but do we really need a synth that makes "whooshy" noises, it was amazing at the time but i think the novelty will ware off. great set, folks.

scuba - loved the led zep medlay best of all, just a pity about the string

Deviadas - eberytime i see you guys you get better and the new tunes (and the hat) are awesome

Guest DustyDeviada
Originally posted by smitty:

Void - great songs but do we really need a synth that makes "whooshy" noises, it was amazing at the time but i think the novelty will ware off. great set, folks.

I dunno, it maybe sounds a bit weird in an "acoustic" set, sounds pretty good with the whole band. It is used in moderation, ie not on every song.

The one thing I would say is they should get a dedicated synth player. When you've got one of the best guitarists in Aberdeen in your band, he should be playing the guitar, not farting about on the synth!

Cheers for that smitty, really enjoyed playing that zep thing. we've been working on it for a while. It was a bit different for us that night because we only went with the one cover- well, it was kinda four rolled into one. Plus we did two new songs.

I really enjoyed the whole night. There's a good variety of stuff there. And everyone seemed to be trying something new or different. Plus, what's good about that night is that everyone seems to stay and watch the other bands and supports oneanother. That makes a huge difference!

Fairly enjoyed that song 'two worlds collide'. Is that yours or a cover. It was really good anyway. And I like purple haze. Don't think you should stop playing the alcohol song though. That was the highlight of the whole evening!

Also, was good to see a lot of new material from the deviadas. Liked a lot of the new stuff. Plus the I will survive was really good.

I've only seen the void play one plugged gig. Will need to get to one of the forthcoming gigs to see how it sounds. Gingerbread man is legendary stuff indeed!Cheers for putting that on as an mp3!!The whooshy sounds were cool enough, maybe it will work better on a plugged set. It made all the more interesting anyway.

Looking forward to the next one.

cheers man.

you didn't play "Un Skinny Bop" for me though

"Two Worlds collide" is our own song, we decided we needed some balldy thing to slow our set down, but we ended coming up with that, so we are doing an acoustic ballad thing in the future

what we meant about the last time for the alcohol song was that we think that musically it is fine but it needs proper lyrics, so it will be rewritten and called something else.

I really liked two worlds collide. A rock ballad- nice. You seemed to get a good sort of vibe going on that one. it's different from the other ones.

Don't worry. unskinny bop will be back again. we just rested it while we tried our two new ones plus the led zep thing. We've another new one up our sleeve for our next gig.

Trying to think of another cover for the next gig too - any suggestions?

• 4 years later...