pure lead

owen-TFOBK

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest neil ex
Originally posted by AxlRose_PL19:

The Deviadas rule! Can I just say that no-one has ever came up to me or anyone else within the band and said that we are shit. Perhaps he may hold this view but he certainly has never told us.

aye, well i didn't really see the point.

anyway, what are you on about by the hardly anyone in aberdeen would like the type of music we play comment? you play in the style of a heap of boring classic rock bands.

Guest DustyDeviada

Great three-way love in going on between members of The Deviadas, Pure Lead and The Void. Lots of mutual back slapping, nice.

When are you playing next, Neil Ex, so that we can see what you're all about?

Guest neil ex
Originally posted by DustyDeviada:

Great three-way love in going on between members of The Deviadas, Pure Lead and The Void. Lots of mutual back slapping, nice.

When are you playing next, Neil Ex, so that we can see what you're all about?

guts on fire will be supporting elton john at pittodrie in june.

Guest neil ex
Originally posted by scottNP:

personally id rather listen to a heap of boring classic rock bands than the stuff on your listening-to list. much more interesting.

ah well, good for you.

Guest neil ex
Originally posted by AxlRose_PL19:

I wish there were more "boring classic rock" bands in Aberdeen

why? don't you want to here new, different, more challenging things?

you might like black atom if you're into iron maiden.

Guest neil ex
Originally posted by scottNP:

if new, different challenging things remotely resemble anything like the strokes, the yeah yeah yeahs, the vines or the hives, tool or biffy clyro, no.

simple...lol...

atom all the way! and pure lead. and the deviadas.

aye ok. if you want to limit your ears to just classic rock then that's up to you but i wasn't talking about those nme type bands.

what's so great about atom? they just sound like a bad version of iron maiden. they have no ideas of their own. they're just a poor tribute band to me.

Guest DustyDeviada
Originally posted by neil ex:

what's so great about atom? they just sound like a bad version of iron maiden. they have no ideas of their own. they're just a poor tribute band to me.

Are there any local bands that you DO like?

i think that nothing else complares to good classic rock. most other msuic is quite boring to me.

as for wanting to write new more challenging things. the short answer is no!

the music we write is about as original as any other average band, we have never written a song that we heve thought "lets rip off that motley crue riff" or anything. most other bands are just as blatent rip offs. when i see bands in aberdeen i always think "another grunge nirvana band, another screamy metal band another slow acoustic ballad band and so on"

we are just another hair metal band, there aren't that many in aberdeen to be honest.

i dont see what is so challenging about writing the music of the moment imho. the guitar work is dull and boring, even good guitary bands of the now it is subtley done. I like OTT guitar work and that is what we are going to play.

i respect your opinion man as you must respect mine.

cheers

and also i dont see why you can bash Black Atom. they are grat musicians (among the best in Aberdeen) and their songs are really catchy, and the they dinna really sound like any maiden songs. The only one i can theink of is "man on the edge" and "Fallen" but they arenot really the same. Sound bunch of guys as well.

• 2 weeks later...