aberdeen-music

Your top three gigs in aberdeen?

cutie claire

Not too sure' date=' 79/80. Were there ever seats fitted downstairs at the Music Hall. I don't recall any ever, but these times are getting hazy![/quote']

The music hall was seated downstairs for every gig I was at right through the 70's

I bounced at several punk gigs in the 80's that were all seated and the fun thing for the punters to do was, stamp on the seat bit which broke it, then remove the iron rod which was the hinge and use it as a weapon.....what fun.

Cheers' date=' saw Alan at Tunnels last night he is copying it for me :) Tell me, were you at Tunnels last night wearing a blue parka type jacket and in company of a tall grey haired guy wearing similar jacket? The only time I spoke to you ages ago you had a hat on and i'm never sure if it's you or not without it....[/quote']

Yeah, that was me - grey jacket tho. the tall grey haired guy was Ragudave.

you'll have to say hello the nect time - I can never remember what you look like.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

dear jesus... i just came across this thread and i dont think i could think of a top 3 now...

FAR too many good gigs to whittle down to 3!

thomas truax (x3!!!)

FAUST

delays

needles

along came man

automatic

dragonforce

himsa

aiden

electric eel shock

my awesome compilation

frank turner

enter shikari

flood of red

motormark

edgar prais

i was a cub scout

and SOOOOOOOOOOO many more!

a lot of people complain about good bands never coming to aberdeen, but personally i think there have been some amazing shows over the last 2 years:up:

Mordred @ Caesar's Palace, Aberdeen 24/09/91

Fudge Tunnel @ The Pelican Club, Aberdeen 12/05/92

Raging Speedhorn@ Glow303, Aberdeen. 27/08/00

So many good gigs in Aberdeen so honourable shouts for The Almighty, The Wildhearts, Backyard Babies, Wil Haven, Napalm Death, Korpse, Inextremis, The Levelers, Suede, Sunna, Miocene, Charger and sikTh.