aberdeen-music

Lightning Bolt Tickets Now On Sale

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PVH will be on 9.15ish

SCOTCH EGG will be on 10.15ish...and he wont be dj'ing at all, just performing a live set..3 gameboys/microphone etc etc

and LB, as much as i'd like to give you an exact time for them going on i think its kinda impossible as i have no idea what they're gonna do tonight, until we speak to them at least

JUST GET ALONG AS EARLY AS YOU CAN!!

and Giles Walker will be mashing it up in between, and after the bands..

this is a 110% interesting and unique show' date=' probably never to touch aberdeen again. LIGHTNING BOLT are a very big deal, maybe not in alkalines half shut ears and eyes but to many millions of people around the world

im excited :D[/quote']

Do you have any idea as to where they are going to play? I have a suspicion that they will go for the area when you enter the Tunnels.

this is a 110% interesting and unique show' date=' probably never to touch aberdeen again. LIGHTNING BOLT are a very big deal, maybe not in alkalines half shut ears and eyes but to many millions of people around the world

im excited :D[/quote']

Hey, i didn't say i don't like them. But in terms of it being 'big' there are several more high profile gigs happening in Aberdeen this year. While this one is a big gig in terms of the 'underground' sense of things, its small fry compared to others. Lighting Bolt hardly compete with Babyshambles and We Are Scientists on ticket sales and number of cd's/vinyl shifted now do they.

And Lightning Bolts sales figures don't indicate that they have 'millions of fans worldwide' unfortunatley. Mind you certain folks who would be attending this show probably wouldn't like them on principle if they did :p

Glad you're putting it on, pity you're an arrogant childish cunt at the moment ;)

Guest bluesxman
Do you have any idea as to where they are going to play? I have a suspicion that they will go for the area when you enter the Tunnels.

That would be the most ridiculous choice of spot possible. If that is the spot there will be lots of irate punters who could see nothing at all.

That would be the most ridiculous choice of spot possible. If that is the spot there will be lots of irate punters who could see nothing at all.
according to a friend who's seen them ebfore, thats usually the way of things. you're either right at the front pressed against the band themself, at the back standing on a chair or stuck in a crowd being able to see nothing and just hear noise.

But in terms of it being 'big' there are several more high profile gigs happening in Aberdeen this year. While this one is a big gig in terms of the 'underground' sense of things' date=' its small fry compared to others. Lighting Bolt hardly compete with Babyshambles and We Are Scientists on ticket sales and number of cd's/vinyl shifted now do they.

[/quote']

nope but its a damn site more exciting and interesting than a bunch of coked up indie fags

And Lightning Bolts sales figures don't indicate that they have 'millions of fans worldwide' unfortunatley. Mind you certain folks who would be attending this show probably wouldn't like them on principle if they did :p

ignorant and clueless

pity you're an arrogant childish cunt at the moment

is this because i refuse to hold seminars about helping pish bands i dont like eh and "crushing kids dreams" ? ;)

anyway i have to go, ive got plans today/tongiht

Guest bluesxman
according to a friend who's seen them ebfore' date=' thats usually the way of things. you're either right at the front pressed against the band themself, at the back standing on a chair or stuck in a crowd being able to see nothing and just hear noise.[/quote']

Ha, the Tunnel outside will be full of people having a pish cos they can't get near the bogs then.

Yeah I know it would be, but it tends to be the way they do things. I think nowadays they have their equipment set up prior to them playing so that the punters know exactly where to go if they are wanting to physically see them play.

I merely said I had a suspicion that they would play there. I think the most likely place they are going to play will be on the dancefloor, which will give folk the opportunity to see them if they are above the stairs/sitting beside the barriers.