aberdeen-music

The official Wrestlemania Thread...

sludge

I have been watching recently but I don't pay attention to where they are. The way I saw it was that in the build up to Wrestlemania ie. the contract signing' date=' interfering with the Vince HBK thing and squaring up to HHH every week I never heard him getting stick from the fans once. New Years Revolution, fair enough but wasn't that the Elimination Chamber? Obviously he would've got a few boos there because there were 6 men in the match and everyone would've had their favourite to win that one. I read somewhere that the fans were getting bored of him and that's why the title changed hands when it did, but I didn't exactly hear anyone cheering Edge when he won it. He may be frowned upon by "traditional" wrestling fans because of his unorthodox style but there aren't exactly many orthodox wrestlers left & I wouldn't exactly call HHH a wrestler. Have you ever saw him win a match without using a sledgehammer or without help from Vince?[/quote']

My point was that the North Eastern states are traditionally 'smark' cregions,where the fans are far more educated regarding wrestling.Cena's been getting shredded there for a long time while the rednecks keep worshiping him.

Similar concept applies to explain why the women's title match got the crowd reaction it did. The fans cheered the psycho heel,Mickie James,because the face in the match was Canadian.

Just watching it as I type this,but boy does Edge get respect for that match,lita too

He was the one on the side of the car with the lip ring.His ROH stuff is gold,same goes for his recent stuff with Brent ALbright in OVW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8XY9O9-UL4&search=CM%20Punk

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr6wqeZbK_Y&search=CM%20Punk

show his mic skills. I'll try and find some in ring stuff.(although his main ROH finisher was http://www.wrestlingencyclopedia.com/Moves2/pepsiplunge.wmv )

did anyone else spot the 'I should be bitch slapping people round about now' look on CM Punk's face during the gangster segment? Seriously' date='hope he gets a main roster call up soon and isn't destroyed by poor booking[/quote']

Unfortunately he is in OVW because of poor main roster booking. He wrestled few dark matches at raw/ heat tapings just after he signed. The crowd went nuts (hey, it's punk, what did you think was gonna happen?). He got backstage only to be told by the 5th McMahon and his best buddy, Mr Michaels that he "did not know how to work" and was booted off to developmental territory. In layman's terms, Triple H did not like his style, or the pops he was getting, so he was removed from the main roster until the fans forgot about him, and his ring work got watered down- like the cruiserweights- so as not to overshadow the older and no longer as fit as they used to be *cough* HBK *cough* main eventers. And since Triple H is now basically in control of the booking- what with being married to the head booker, and implanting her with his demon seed- what Trips decides goes.

Although I respect him more now that this time last year. THREE Mania's in a row he has put his opponent over clean?!?! And I marked out like a little bitch over the whole DX thing- went to dig out my DX football jersey I got when I was 16:O