aberdeen-music

Gretna vs Dundee

Sam 45

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Gretna can fuck right off. All it is is Livingston Mk 2, Mileson's Mercenaries trying to buy their way to the top. This "fairytale" can get to fuck and if they do get to the Final (which in itself would be a disgrace to the game) then I sincerely hope they get humped rotten. After all Dundee have been through, a true fairytale would be if they made it to the Final. They can't just flash the cash, they had to go back to basics and bring through local youngsters, so they have the moral victory irrespective of the score. Come on Dundee!

Gretna can fuck right off. All it is is Livingston Mk 2' date=' Mileson's Mercenaries trying to buy their way to the top. This "fairytale" can get to fuck and if they do get to the Final (which in itself would be a disgrace to the game) then I sincerely hope they get humped rotten. After all Dundee have been through, a true fairytale would be if they made it to the Final. They can't just flash the cash, they had to go back to basics and bring through local youngsters, so they have the moral victory irrespective of the score. Come on Dundee![/quote']

Agree mainly, though in the interest of balance, Dundee's current plight was a direct result of flashing the cash in the late nineties. Remember some of Bonetti's big money blowups?

Down with the mercs!

Agree mainly' date=' though in the interest of balance, Dundee's current plight was a direct result of flashing the cash in the late nineties. Remember some of Bonetti's big money blowups?

Down with the mercs![/quote']

Remember when they said they were going to sign Edgar Davids? That resulted in much laughter :laughing:

Brook is a genuine football fan though, and i wish them every success. There is a world of difference between being bankrolled by the Abromivich and Romanovs of this world and having a chairman who invests heavily into the club he loves.

I do feel their meteoric rise through the divisions will be their failure, not giving them enough time to build upon their fanbase and should they get into the SPL for season 07/08 then i think they will struggle to stay up and may plummet back down.

There isn't that much difference between Brooks Mileson and Roman Abramovich. Brooks Mileson isn't a lifelong Gretna fan and Abramovich is not a life long Chelsea fan. They are however both lovers of football and clearly enjoy the sport and now love the teams they are investors in.

I really can't see any "world of difference", you can't really cite the amount of money invested as they are playing on completely different scales, in fact if you consider the level Gretna are at Brooks' investment is far more powerful and changing.

Chelsea may have spent as much money in three years as Man U did in ten but Gretna will have spent more in the past couple of years than teams they have played against will in the next 50.

Well maybe my opinion is biased cos I have had the pleasure to meet Brooks Mileson, and his enthusiasm is contagious. The things he does in and around Gretna outwith football are also commendable.

Maybe a 'world of difference' was hyperbole but i was meaning Mileson is an approachable chairman, who sits in amongst the fans, and comes across as an everyday everyman. Abramovich however, is a Russian billionaire. I know in relative terms Brooks must at times seem like a billionaire but since when did logic come into what football teams you like/hate?

Guest DustyDeviada
Agree mainly' date=' though in the interest of balance, Dundee's current plight was a direct result of flashing the cash in the late nineties. Remember some of Bonetti's big money blowups?

Down with the mercs![/quote']

Exactly, what a load of crap, "all Dundee have been through", ha!

They spent money they didn't have on the likes of Cannigia, Burley, Ravanelli et al and they are now paying the price, I really don't have any sympathy for them.

And lets not forget their dealings with Giovanni "Saddam/Milosevic/Johnathan King is innocent" de Stefano. :down:

Guest Jake Wifebeater
And lets not forget their dealings with Giovanni "Saddam/Milosevic/Johnathan King is innocent" de Stefano. :down:

Oh Christ, I'd forgotten all about him. You wouldn't buy a used car off him.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
a chairman who invests heavily into the club he loves.

A club he loves so much he was interviewed on TV wearing a Carlisle United scarf. That was during a cup-tie w/Dundee United last year.

A club he loves so much he was interviewed on TV wearing a Carlisle United scarf. That was during a cup-tie w/Dundee United last year.

Carlisle and Gretna are neighbouring clubs or something aint they? He resolved Carlisle's debts a few seasons ago.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Carlisle and Gretna are neighbouring clubs or something aint they? He resolved Carlisle's debts a few seasons ago.

They're situated quite close together, right enough. Mileson tried to gain control of Carlisle a while back but they said no, and have probably been kicking themselves ever since!

Even so, that game w/United was the biggest game for them so far, and to wear another team's scarf on the day?

No one has said they should be able to cope in the SPL' date=' they have at least over a year before they would ever have to. They will still need to strengthen if they want to compete in the first division next year.[/quote']

and they will strengthen

No one has said they should be able to cope in the SPL' date=' they have at least over a year before they would ever have to. They will still need to strengthen if they want to compete in the first division next year.[/quote']

They are 16 points ahead at the top of the league with a game in hand. Even with the team they have, i doubt they would have a problem getting mid table in division 1.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Not entirely happy about playing Gretna with the entire rest of the country against us though.

Not the entire country. I sincerely hope you fucking humiliate them and will don maroon for the 90 minutes. Scorge as well, probably.

• 3 weeks later...