aberdeen-music

Hardcore/Punk at Tunnels, April 7th 2006

kirkt

Today We Fight!: Edinburgh bullshit free hardcore crew return to Aberdeen for first time since supporting Terror www.myspace.com/todaywefight

Mafafi: Melodic hardcore punk from Perth www.myspace.com/mafafi

Iomega: Emotional driven rock/metal www.myspace.com/iomegarock

The Shotgun Love Affair: Local beatdown metalcore www.myspace.com/theshotgunloveaffair

Omar: Arbroath metallipunk. Kind of like Strung Out www.myspace.com/omarband

@ Tunnels, Carnegies Brae, Aberdeen

7th April 2006

7.30pm- late, 4

actually i vote for twf to play the whole night instead. like some kind of hardcore house band. taking hardcore requests and busting them out full force. we could also arrange for some male strippers to turn up dressed like neo nazis and everybody could beat them up. cos they deserve it really.

actually thinking about it there are not really any other good straight up hardcore bands arund here that ive seen.twf are going solo really. such a shame. there are too many metalcore-ish bands these days ruining bills.

Guest collapse in chaos

Kirkt I don't know where you got your description for Omar (strung out...wtf? its just straight up old school hardcore) and Mafafi (same goes...melodic?, really?) but they are nothing like what you said. As for the gig, i thought it was pretty decent until people took themselves too seriously and got offended by banter that was undeserved but nothing to lose sleap over. Was in Barcode in Perth the next day where Mafafi and Omar were playing with another Perth hxc band called' violent response' and a southend band called' social schism', who are fucking amazing and should have been put on the bill in Tunnels but weren't. and its safe to say the atmosphere was ten times better than tunnels. If i want to sit down have drink and listen to music i'll buy the cd, in my opionion live music is about more than that. I'd say for the next hardcore gig like that put more thought into the bands that play, the atmosphere should rise from beginning to end, not end after the 2nd band and leave the headliners playing to a half full place.

i KNEW most people were going to leave after the shotgun love affair finished. maybe it was all the incredibly trendy people that were at the hardcore punk show. even more than usual!

and they were shite. what was the point in coming if youre going to miss the best bands. i actually thought there would be nobody there to see TWF!

fake audiences are shite. i bet you half the people who were there for tsla dont even like that type of music. they must just turn up to look cool to each other or something. wankers the lot of them!!!

i KNEW most people were going to leave after the shotgun love affair finished. maybe it was all the incredibly trendy people that were at the hardcore punk show. even more than usual!

and they were shite. what was the point in coming if youre going to miss the best bands. i actually thought there would be nobody there to see TWF!

fake audiences are shite. i bet you half the people who were there for tsla dont even like that type of music. they must just turn up to look cool to each other or something. wankers the lot of them!!!

HAHAHAHA

how about.... maybe people turned up to watch us, cos we did a bit of promotion.

another bad case of aberdeen syndrome you have im guessing

on a second note. it was pretty shite how abdy left before today we fight who were AMAZING as per usual

Kirkt I don't know where you got your description for Omar (strung out...wtf? its just straight up old school hardcore) and Mafafi (same goes...melodic?' date=' really?) but they are nothing like what you said. As for the gig, i thought it was pretty decent until people took themselves too seriously and got offended by banter that was undeserved but nothing to lose sleap over. Was in Barcode in Perth the next day where Mafafi and Omar were playing with another Perth hxc band called' violent response' and a southend band called' social schism', who are fucking amazing and should have been put on the bill in Tunnels but weren't. and its safe to say the atmosphere was ten times better than tunnels. If i want to sit down have drink and listen to music i'll buy the cd, in my opionion live music is about more than that. I'd say for the next hardcore gig like that put more thought into the bands that play, the atmosphere should rise from beginning to end, not end after the 2nd band and leave the headliners playing to a half full place.[/quote']

I saw Omar in Arbroath a couple of years ago. They reminded me of Strung Out then.

I think you can hardly blame me that loads of the scene twats pissed off after the one local band. And "Social Schism" couldn't be on the bill cos i already had five bands and there is no reason why i should feel like i had to put them on...

at least they brought an audience of any sort, they actually get out flyering people after clubs/gigs and getting new fowk to their gigs, imagine that....

perhaps people need to work harder to get the punk scene going in aberdeen, no point in finger pointing, just get on with it

I agree with maxi.

There is no point in arguing about that tsla got a bigger crowd etc. because what they do seems to be flavour of the week hence why they had alot of people down there.

And even if (i dont actually know this) the crowd was built of there friends, why dont the people who bitch and moan get there mates to come along to the gigs to boost the numbers.

I have always believed if you want something done do eet yourself.

HAHAHAHA

how about.... maybe people turned up to watch us' date=' cos we did a bit of promotion.

another bad case of aberdeen syndrome you have im guessing[/quote']

This isnt what everyone is bitching about, its good the fact that you got a decent crowd along

on a second note. it was pretty shite how abdy left before today we fight who were AMAZING as per usual

This is what is the problem, people who coime to gigs and then leave after their mates have played are in my opinion idiots who dont care about the music scene at all (Unless they have to get a bus or something obviously). I mean you've fucking payed to get in! Why not stick around. Most gigs have lineups of similar types of music so you never know you might actuall discover sometyhing new that is good! o_O