aberdeen-music

Musical Quiz

jester1470

Figured we could have some fun,to be done without google, anyone who can answer all 10 questions can pose thwir own :) No doubt most people will slag off the questions because of my musical tastes but hell it's just a bit of fun:

1) Which Scotsman was invited by Malcolm McLaren to be the Sex Pistols original guitarist, he turned it down, but went onto tour with Thin Lizzy instead?

2) Which 80's pop star was freed from kidnapping by the A-Team?

3) Aziz Ibrahim, best known as guitarist for the Stone Roses/Ian Brown played in 2 million selling bands prior to the Stone Roses, can you name them?

4) Can you link XTC to Take That?

5) Can you link the Spice Girls to Massive Attack via one musician?

6) Which rock singer appeared in 'Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban' ?

7) The "day the music died" was February 3rd, 1959, on which Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and J.P. Richardson (aka The Big Bopper) were killed in a plane crash in Iowa. Which future dark star of country music and good ole boy was supposed to have been on the doomed plane?

8) What is 'I dont like Mondays' written about ?

9) Who is the most famous/successfull member of Oingo Boingo ?

10) Which 80's pop star is the voice of Racine No 1 ? (see below as she looks now)

491044923_l.jpg

I'll be surprised if anyone gets all 10 without cheating :)

Cheers

Stuart

Guest bluesxman
Figured we could have some fun' date='to be done without google, anyone who can answer all 10 questions can pose thwir own :) No doubt most people will slag off the questions because of my musical tastes but hell it's just a bit of fun:

1) Which Scotsman was invited by Malcolm McLaren to be the Sex Pistols original guitarist, he turned it down, but went onto tour with Thin Lizzy instead?

2) Which 80's pop star was freed from kidnapping by the A-Team? [b']Boy George

3) Aziz Ibrahim, best known as guitarist for the Stone Roses/Ian Brown played in 2 million selling bands prior to the Stone Roses, can you name them? Simply Red was one

4) Can you link XTC to Take That?

5) Can you link the Spice Girls to Massive Attack via one musician?

6) Which rock singer appeared in 'Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban' ? Ian Brown

7) The "day the music died" was February 3rd, 1959, on which Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and J.P. Richardson (aka The Big Bopper) were killed in a plane crash in Iowa. Which future dark star of country music and good ole boy was supposed to have been on the doomed plane? Johnny Cash

8) What is 'I dont like Mondays' written about ? A pupil killing classmates at school

9) Who is the most famous/successfull member of Oingo Boingo ?

10) Which 80's pop star is the voice of Racine No 1 ? (see below as she looks now) Is that Wendy James???

491044923_l.jpg

I'll be surprised if anyone gets all 10 without cheating :)

Cheers

Stuart

That's my non-cheating answers....

Guest bluesxman
1) Which Scotsman was invited by Malcolm McLaren to be the Sex Pistols original guitarist' date=' he turned it down, but went onto tour with Thin Lizzy instead?

Midge Ure?[/quote']

That one annoying me, i'm sure it's Brian something...

Guest bluesxman
That's Brian Robertson but not sure if he was a Scot whereas Jester is a MIdge Ure buff

That's the one! Pretty sure he's Scottish. And to my knowledge Midge Ure was never in Thin Lizzy....

Guest bluesxman
Midge was in Thin Lizzy' date=' he co-wrote Yellow Pearl (the TOTP theme music) with Phil Lynott while he was in the band.

And was it not vocalist he turned down?[/quote']

Wow, learn something new, etc...

Midge was in Thin Lizzy' date=' he co-wrote Yellow Pearl (the TOTP theme music) with Phil Lynott while he was in the band.

Midge Ure joined Thin Lizzy temporarily for a tour as far as I can remeber. Again I reckon it's MIdge because the question master is Jester:]

I googled the Sex Pistols thing just now and it says he was offered the singing job

You're right, and he later joined forces with ex pistol Glen Matlock, singing for Rich Kids. Great band....

Before Midge Ure, John Foxx was the vocallist for Ultravox, in their more punky days...

You're right' date=' and he later joined forces with ex pistol Glen Matlock, singing for Rich Kids. Great band....

Before Midge Ure, John Foxx was the vocallist for Ultravox, in their more punky days...[/quote']

Nah, Rich Kids was before the Sex Pistols and Midges stint with Thin Lizzy.

Yep, he was offered both vocalist and guitarist jobs, and he was in the Rich Kids too. He turned down the Sex Pistols job to stay with Slik and freely admits they might not have been as big if he had been in them. Midge played a few stints with Lizzy playing guitar after one of Gary Moore's walk outs and keyboards later on.

Cheers

Stuart