aberdeen-music

8 Year Old Kincorth kid Missing

french_disko

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4851768.stm

Search for missing eight-year-old

Concern is growing for an eight-year-old boy who has been missing from his home in Aberdeen overnight.

The search for Dylan Trendall has been stepped up with an RAF helicopter, police dog teams, coastguards and two lifeboats now involved.

The youngster, from the Kincorth area, was last seen at about 2015 BST on Monday. His family are "distraught".

Dylan is 4ft 1in tall, slim with short brown hair. He was wearing metal framed glasses and a brown hooded top.

'Extremely concerned'

Police have also been checking with his family and friends in the area of his Gardner Road home in an attempt to find an explanation for his disappearance.

Officers, family members, friends, and local residents searched overnight, without success so far.

Police have carried out house to house enquiries in the area and said this will continue.

Grampian Police Superintendent Adrian Watson said: "The fact that the boy has been missing overnight is of mounting concern.

"So far there is absolutely no explanation for him going missing.

"Dylan's family, as you will appreciate, are distraught and extremely concerned for his welfare."

He added: "At this time we have no reason to believe that anything untoward has happened to Dylan, but obviously we have to keep an open mind.

"We are very grateful for the support shown by the community so far in our efforts to trace Dylan."

Grampian Police appealed for any sightings to be reported on 0845 600 5700.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was woken by the S&R helicopter going up & down the river bank at near roof height this morning. Saw police out by the bridge on the way to work as well.

Hope the lad turns-up OK' date=' soon. :([/quote']

When I went to work the helicopter was hovering over Goals at a really low level - i presume it must have been going up and down the Dee as I'd heard it at least 45 mins earlier when I woke up.

Shame, poor kid.

It's on teh front page of the Evening Express so hopefully the publicity will help.

Guest DustyDeviada

I too saw the helicopter near the Bridge of Dee on my way to work.

Glad to hear he's been found safe and well - the playful young scamp was probably just having a wee adventure for himself.

That said, his behaviour was grossly irresponsible and the least he could do would be to pay for all the helicopter fuel and the pilots' time. By my estimation he owes them around £10,000.

I too saw the helicopter near the Bridge of Dee on my way to work.

Glad to hear he's been found safe and well - the playful young scamp was probably just having a wee adventure for himself.

That said' date=' his behaviour was grossly irresponsible and the least he could do would be to pay for all the helicopter fuel and the pilots' time. By my estimation he owes them around 10,000.[/quote']

hehehehe stumpin up his pocket money :laughing:

my cuz appartly knew the dude

http://www.thisisaberdeen.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=148760&command=displayConte nt&

TEARS OF JOY AS DYLAN IS BACK HOME

Next Story | Previous Story | Back to list

Be the first reader to comment on this story

CRAIG WALKER AND KAREN GRANT

13:19 - 28 March 2006

Clutching her little boy Kincorth mum Dawn Trendall today told of her relief the eight-year-old had made it home safely.

Dylan disappeared from near his Gardner Road home around 8.15pm last night and sparked a major overnight search operation involving 60 police officers.

RAF Lossiemouth scrambled a Sea King helicopter which hovered over the housing estate and two RNLI lifeboats were launched to search the nearby River Dee.

But just before noon today Dylan was brought back to his family home, after being found safe and well at a friend of his mum's in Garthdee.

Standing at the door of her tenement flat, tearful Dawn, who has three other children, was relieved, but visibly shaken by the overnight ordeal.

When asked how happy she was to have her son back by her side, the 34-year-old said: "My eyes tell you it all. It was just a misunderstanding.

"I would just like to say thank you to everyone - mums and parents, police and anybody else who helped."

Family friend Vickie Shaughnessy added: "Dawn is just so relieved. She just keeps crying and crying and telling Dylan how lucky he has been.

"Dylan had been with a friend of Dawn's, Tracy, at her home in Garthdee and Tracy called Dawn to say Dylan was there and he was okay. Tracy usually calls Dawn to tell her that he's staying there overnight."

This afternoon Dylan was taken to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary for a medical check. The Abbotswell Primary School pupil was reported missing at around 10.35pm last night after he was last seen just after 8.15pm walking away from his home.

Police launched a major investigation and set up a pod in Kincorth to coordinate the search operation.

A team of 20 officers worked through the night, knocking on neighbours' doors, asking if they'd seen Dylan or knew where he might be.

Their searches drew a blank and this morning the estate was woken to the sound of the helicopter as it scoured the area looking for the lad.

But a call from a woman in Garthdee, brought the operation to a joyful end and Dylan was brought home for an emotional reunion with his mother.

Police said they were delighted Dylan had been found safe and well.

Supt Adrian Watson said: "We are extremely pleased and relieved that Dylan has turned up safe and well.

"We are delighted for his family."

He said investigations were continuing to establish the youngster's exact movements from when he went missing.

"We would like to take this opportunity to thank the public for their assistance in our efforts to trace Dylan," he added.

Bah. When I was young and everything was made of wood....

Kincorth isn't that bad. It's nowhere near as bad as it was when I grew up there, in the mid eighties. The worst you get now is a bunch of scabby neds trying to stop you going into the Coop or spitting at you when you come out of Spar. Then, you got mad folk murdering peoples parents in the local.

We used to run riot up the Gramps for hours. There was a local 'prowler' who followed the kids around. He was called Peter. In those days, your parents didn't have a protest march and brick his windows and phone News of the World about such things. If we saw him following us we would turn round yelling 'PETER THE PROWLER! PETER THE PROWLER!' and chase him. He wasn't a very efficient paedo.

No one ever looked for us in helicopters, adn we'd have got a skelped lug instead of a cuddle, for causing all that trouble.

the family is neighbours with my mate craig. It's a rough part of town though i used to live there.

It is quite bad now. When I was growing up it wasn't too bad. All the kids got on and in the summer there would be loads of us playing football or rounders together.

Then folk started buying the flats (don't ask me why), then they'd move on and let them out to gypsies & benefit cheats.

Guest DustyDeviada
Then folk started buying the flats (don't ask me why)' date=' then they'd move on and let them out to gypsies & benefit cheats.[/quote']

Surely a gypsy's raison dtre is living a nomadic life travelling around the country, not sitting in an ex-council flat in Kincorth?

That doesn't really add up. My folks didn't live in Kincorth when either of us were born.

Just go along with the joke min! :swearing:

Weren't you a Gardner Road loon in your early days?

Yup, back when I had blonde hair and chubby cheeks!

I used to play with mates in Kincorth in the late 60s....it was idyllic then' date=' and a lot safer at the time than Mastrick, where I spent my formative years.

If MKll was there for a while I can understand how things started to slide :)[/quote']

I was born in the late 60's and thus spent my childhood in Kincorth in the 70's and I agree - it was a great place to play as a kid, and a very sought-after estate. Regrettably it all went downhill in the 80s.