aberdeen-music

What's your fave on stage moment?

Monk Rocker

As it says, what moments for you are your best being on stage?

For me a few stand out. First Spinal Pap gig when the McFits were doing the midget dance on their knees to Stonehenge, my first gig with Electric Tibet playing opening for the Microphones, and the first live performance of my acid jazz band playing songs that I had written where folk came legging it up the stairs into the venue shouting "No way, it's a live band with a trumpets and shit" and stuck around to see us!!!!

What made the hairs on the back of your neck stand up?:up:

I have stand out gigs, cant really remember specific moments...

Playing at the Music Hall when I was in Mercedes!

My last gig with Staccato Set at the Fudge Awards!

My last gig with Delicate AWOL at the Lemon Tree!

Playing at Crathes Castle with The Simon Gall Band!

Playing drums with Clive Ravensby!

Electric Tibet in Dr Drakes, I guess the 'moment' from this would be the bit towrds the end of Jazzmos followed by the haunting feedback!!!

and finally...

ART FUCK!

I really enjoyed the Kitchen Cynics Orch supporting the Incredible String Band, and also when we supported Terry Reid. I always loved MKll's bits on the sitar...they made the hairs on my neck stand on end.

My absolute favourite moments were really hero-worship ones....singing a verse live with Tom Rapp (backed by Damon & Naomi & Masaki Batoh) was my stand-out one, followed closely by the Mickel Mass bit when I realised Damo Suzuki was onstage singing with us.

Solo....I suppose I was excited/relieved that the crowd at the Half Man Half Biscuit gig at the Lemon Tree didn't turn nasty towards me, and the Larkin grimm support one recently where I only made one mistake! Also playing in New York was a blast, even though my set wasn't good. I'm hoping my trip there next month has some good moments too.

although i wasn't involved on stage with electric tibet at the microphones that was one of the best things i've been involved with. such a great night!

my favourite onstage moments are probably my first gig with dedalus and the gig we played in inverness on the smallest stage ever.

I went to see Mario Caribe at the aberdeen jazz festival and the pianist was so mental, he was really giving his piano hell battering it and plucking the strings on the inside etc, really just being a great showman.

A personal favourite though was when i played onstage madly drunk at a gig in stonehaven and knocked over the mics, that sucked.