aberdeen-music

Paritys Fall (Fail he he) Fiction/Action

Danny Doubt

Very good gig in the moorings...

PF - Fuckin good! Ever improving, im starting to really dig their sound. check out 'escape this crash' on their myspace site - www.myspace.com/paritysfall

FA - Yeh like em too, decent guitar riffs, good vocals with strong harmonies and catchy songs. Fuckin good drummer who pounds them drums like they should be, loud and proud!!

www.myspace.com/fictionaction

Dan against the world - didnt really dig them not my thing and the vocals were pretty

horrendoues jus IMO.

Laeto - left just as they were starting because some cunt tried to lift my mates fuckin hooded top, thieving bastards!!

good gig though and a decent turn out too, well done to the Fudgepackers (Bri + Craig)

i liked some of parity's fall's stuff. some good songs. dan against the world were ok. i liked some songs but didnt like others. there was one song with a high guitar riff that i remember liking. didn't really like their guitar tones. sounded a bit thin. but they were not bad. fiction/action were amazing. i wish they played do the math. only caught the first few laeto songs but they sounded good.

Laeto are from Dundee right? Dont suppose any one can reccommend any particular venues to play in Dundee? We are trying to get some gigs booked in others Uk cities for summer.

Cheers

Steve

www.myspace.com/paritysfall

Its got slightly harder for unknown bands to get a successful gig in Dundee, since the old Westport bar closed down (sniff... sniff... them were the days). The reason being most places is a pay to play kind of policy, and if no-one has heard of you, and you haven't advertised to the point of absolution, there ain't going to be a big crowd, and you will lose money.

The best advice i can offer is to try and offer gig swaps with Dundee bands that are of a similar sound

Its got slightly harder for unknown bands to get a successful gig in Dundee' date=' since the old Westport bar closed down (sniff... sniff... them were the days). The reason being most places is a pay to play kind of policy, and if no-one has heard of you, and you haven't advertised to the point of absolution, there ain't going to be a big crowd, and you will lose money.

The best advice i can offer is to try and offer gig swaps with Dundee bands that are of a similar sound[/quote']

Me and my pal put gigs on in dundee for years back in the old westport days, and not much has changed since then, other than prices.

The new westport doesn't operate a pay to play policy, but asks you to put a deposit down to secure the venue, perhaps hire the venue, and then pay the sound engineer for his time and the PA. This isn;t pay to play though, this is just standard procedure for putting on a gig.

If you're from out of town you'll want to get in touch with a promoter.

http://www.myspace.com/amplabrecs

these guys can probably help you out, or point you in the right direction.

Me and my pal put gigs on in dundee for years back in the old westport days' date=' and not much has changed since then, other than prices.

The new westport doesn't operate a pay to play policy, but asks you to put a deposit down to secure the venue, perhaps hire the venue, and then pay the sound engineer for his time and the PA. This isn;t pay to play though, this is just standard procedure for putting on a gig.

.[/quote']

thats what i meant to say :love: